billymotox

hello from detroit

hey everyone, my name is billy d. i've been lurking for a few months, and i figure i should say hello. all you folks seem really cool and it's neat to hear your views. i have been riding moto-cross for about 25 years now and i'm pretty serious about it. then a buddy at work invited me to do a tandem jump in '98, and i felt the adrenaline rush for about a month afterwards! i had a big crash in '99 where i destroyed my upper back and shoulders, and knocked out about 10 teeth. after 3 months of physical therapy i was back to going big on the bike (against the advice of my doctors). it wasn't until last month i got up the nerve to jump again, because i was afraid of the opening shock. i'm happy to say it was no problem. i have decided to stay off the bike until next year when i will take the afp course and get my A license. anyway, i look forward to talking with y'all and sharing the skies.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

thanks Andrea! yeah, i still do all the stuff i did when i was younger, i just pay the price when i'm done (sore as hell). it's nothing a hot tub and a massage ca'nt fix.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

thank you. cajones are a good thing. we have a saying in mx "you need to use balls to play football, baketball and baseball. MOTOCROSS: BRING YOUR OWN BALLS!!! i suppose that could apply to skydiving as well.

hey matt. yeah, chad is getting to be very popular over here. he is the only guy giving ricky carmichael a challenge in supercross, but outdoor nationals have been a different story. i really like the guy and i'm sure he will be a champion soon. also he won the U.S. open of supercross and gave the $100,000 check to a fellow Aussie who recently broke his neck and became paralyzed. he ran up a lot of medical bills and had no insurance. he's certainly earned my respect. boy, i would love to be his neighbor, i bet he's got a pretty cool track on his propertyB| thanks for the reply and when you see chad, give him my best.

he lives in the usa most of the time now
but when he comes back i dont know where he stays i heard he bought a house or 2 or 3 in australia lol

but his parents and brother still live accross the road
well its next to the house accross the road

when he used to live here he had 2 bob cat (little bull dozers) and the track was always changing
Ant mounds we used to call them
as thats what they look like a lot of ant mounds every where
the riders would be up in the tree's (big air)
bit to scary for me ill stick to skydive atleast that way when i know its time to come down i got a parachute to pull

I read in the paper the bit about him giving the money to the guy , thats the way to go :D

i used to go to pre school with his girlfriend
that was about 17 years ago lol

got a lift home with him once from this concert back in about 99 , he seemed pretty detirmand that he was gunna go all the way
said he dont drink or anything
which was different to his other friends haha

anyway take care on ya bike

Matt