kajo13

Newbie Addict in Miami Needs Advice

Hey, all

It only took one tandem jump to hook me completely. Although I live in Miami now, my first jump was at a dz in Southern Cal. Beyond the regular addiction most people are afflicted with, I had a double dose when I saw a team practicing for a competition. Of course, now I have such a fever to do the same. It seems that Skydive Miami would be my best option (let me know if I'm right or wrong on that one), but which groups of courses do I take, the tandems, AFF? Once I do that, how difficult is to take it to the competition level or do most just dive on their own for pleasure? Thanks!:)

What DZ is right for you? Who knows, go visit some in your area. If you start at one and its not working for you (people, vibe, etc), then go to a different one. That's why there's more then one DZ. B|

Oh, and welcome.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Welcome to the forums! :)
As far as doing a tandem or AFF, it's pretty much up to you. Since you've already done one tandem, you already know that you like skydiving and want to pursue it. In my opinion, you might as well go straight to AFF now so you can get up in the air on your own.

It's really not "difficult" to compete, but it does depend on how much time and money you have to put into it. To compete, all you have to do is find 3 other people to do it with you and start training. A good stepping stone is the National Skydiving League that holds meets throughout the year. Check out www.skyleague.com. Some people love the competition, some people just like to jump for fun. It really all depends on what YOU like!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome. I would think that if you are intersted in competition then you would want to go AFF. But hey I am just a newbie so please don't listen to me.

Believe those who are seeking truth. Doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide