70sdiver

ant info on briefcase container

Hey was wondering if anyone here ever jumped a briefcase container?I"M BUILDING A SECOND RIG AND HAVE THE CHANCE TO BUY one with extra freebags and cutaway handles single point.I think this company is out of business.Was also wondering of any noteable problems that this rig may have been prone to or service bulletins I need to be aware of.

I did my first dozen or so student jumps on the Student version. Big, ugly monster. Lots and lots of velcro. Two pin reserve. Definitely not freeflyable. The one I jumped was set up for a Sentinel AAD. If I recall correctly it was made in the early to mid 80s. I think the manufacturer was the Adventure Loft.

It was indeed, the Adventure Loft. The company was owned by John Stanford of Carrollton, Texas. As I understand it, the company was sold and is in Denton, Texas. I was told, John Storrie of 'Storrie Parachute Works' bought the 'Adventure Loft. You might give him a call at: (940) 484-2222 or e-mail at: [email protected] Hope, this helps!

Chuck

It's pretty dated stuff. Like indyz, the only experience I have with it is that my first dz used them for static line rigs, (I would guess) mostly because we didn't trust them for freefall.

Again, like indyz said, lotsa velcro maintenance required, pretty minimal main canopy container. If it's a rig you're going to be using a lot, you might want to consider something else...