sangiro

Gear Review Changes and Upgrades

Heya all,

I've made a bunch of changes to the Gear Review database and wanted to point some of them out quickly.

Last 3 reviews product detail page.

I have made some changes so the last 3 reviews written on a product now appears on the main product page. If you want to see all the reviews, where there's more than 3, there are a few pretty obvious links that will take you to all the reviews from this page as well. Click here to see a typical product page.

Write Review form on product detail page

I've also included the form you use to enter a review at the bottom on the main product page so you don't need to (but still can) jump off to a separate page to enter a review.

Flagging Discontinued Products.

I have flagged discontinued products in both the gear listing and on the detailed page. I leave them up so people can read the reviews as they are often still sold second-hand. See here and here.

BTW - I have not really gone over the whole DB yet so if you see discontinued products in there, PM me and let me know or if you want to post a list, drop it in the Errors and Bugs forum.

Sorting Reviews B| (This is cool!)

I have added the ability to sort reviews as we now have enough data to start implementing some filtering. Look at this graphic. There are 3 dropdown boxes at the top of any page that lists all the reviews for a product.

1) The first allows you to show reviews with All Ratings, or just 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 star ratings. So you decide if you want to read the positive, the critical or all reviews.

2) The second dropdown allows you to sort by Newest first (so the latest review will be at the top), the Highest Rating First (all the 5 Star reviews will be at the top) or the Most Useful First (those reviews that received the most votes as useful reviews will be at the top)

3) The third dropdown allows you to show either 10, 25, 50 or 100 reviews at a time.

Here's a page with reviews.

I will add a few more sort options over time (thumbs up or down reviews etc) and a have some other features in mind but want to shift my attention to the classifieds for a while.

Hope this helps. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro