reukkes

Gargoyle slider bumpers

I recently changed the soft slider bumpers into some harder plastic ones, because they got worn by frequent slider on/off changes: the original bumpers of my Gargoyle are really elastic, and they break in no time.

I'm a little worried about friction that might occur between the lines of the canopy and the hard plastic at openings, because the plastic bumpers are much stiffer and the upper border much thicker and sharper.
Is line damage possible?
trust but verify

I use hard clear plastic tube, (NOT the stupid soft shite the manufacturers put on there)

have about 400 jumps on it and no squaks.

(I KNOW the soft tube is for kids who leave their slider on all the time.)

I use hard clear plastic tube, (NOT the stupid soft shite the manufacturers put on there)

I have one of each kind (clear / soft) that came with each of my rigs from the same manufacturer......

but I haven't jumped them both near enough to see the breakdown.........One's practically a virgin!;)

I think I'll wait and see.... and post my findings in ayear.;)

I'm a little worried about friction that might occur between the lines of the canopy and the hard plastic at openings, because the plastic bumpers are much stiffer and the upper border much thicker and sharper.
Is line damage possible?

I've switched out the soft bumpers for hard ones on multiple rigs, both my own and my students. Mostly, I used the hard ones because that was all I could improvise at Home Depot for less than 10 bucks (I still have a virtually endless supply, if anyone wants some).

The first time I did it I had the manufacturer take a look at it about a week later, and he said he didn't see any problems with it.

Electrical tape has also worked pretty well for me on dedicated slider off rigs.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

ApexBASE make really good ones...good quality and they are elastic..i think they are made of some siliconmaterial..

i was mistaken, my vertigo gear came with the nice clear bug hard bumpers, and i just replaced them, i thought i had done it myself, but vertigo sent the nice ones (big hard clear) bumpers with the gear.

sorry about that.

Tom, Save a set for me as I might need them, I have the slider bumpers that came with my gear and they appear to be the soft ones.