leroydb

Try not to let words limit your thoughts

I can't begin to explain in mere words how I felt. I try not to let words limit my thoughts, but I will try to explain none'the'less. My last jump was a 2 second delay from road side from 300ft. Went of with very strong exit off railing, I had smooth square body position. I really enjoyed this jump because I was so super relaxed. When I looked down, it seemed an eternity was passing by (in a good way). If something were to have happened, I would have tried to work it all the way. Though I think could have died relaxed, but nix that I would have said damnit or something...

On the other hand, Maybe I would have died releaxed...?

Strange... I said I can't explain it... its more of a feeling...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Though I think could have died relaxed, but nix that I would have said damnit or something...

I had a PC hesi from 220ft, and when I felt like nothing was happening all I mustered was "oh, not now"

Yeah.....
Reminds me of a jump
275' overhung 42" stowed 1 second delay
low snatch force so you never quite feel the pins pop
just as the ground rush kicks in your saying," I sure hope my shit is coming out" ....

Forget about that dying stuff, give it your best PLF.

A common paragraph used in my logbook is ...
"I pitch the PC ....and after what feels an eternity...think ...Shit....nothings happeni.....interrupted by the crack of a canopy deploying..:)

I dont usually get to finish that sentance...( and long may that continue ! )

My thought when that happens is always "Is this what it feels like when it's not going to open." So far that thought has been followed by a nice CRACK!

It feels like a near panic, but as yet I have never changed my body position or anything else to deal with the possiblility of the situation.

A common paragraph used in my logbook is ...
"I pitch the PC ....and after what feels an eternity...think ...Shit....nothings happeni.....interrupted by the crack of a canopy deploying..:)

I dont usually get to finish that sentance...( and long may that continue ! )

dude you must say that sentance as soon as you let the pilot chute leave your hand or you keep having major pilot chute hesitations dude

I still remember my very first jump as vividly as if were yesterday. 2 sec delay from 370'. After the pitch and nothing happening immediatley like I expected, I looked down to see the rushing water and the ever getting larger rocks at the bottom and and thought calmly to myself "guess I'm going in". Luckily that thought was interupted by the crack of the Mojo.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof"

yeah i am sure we all had that feelin when we started out and the new world of base was weird and scary but when experienced jumpers have a feelin of goin in that is more interesting