base1072

what canopy turns the fastest

I used to jump a raven and it turned mad fast which was good i could get on the heading i wanted fast.
but it was gound hungry
now I jump a mojo 190 and a 240 and they turn like slugs
which sucks in the city
when u have to consider colsion aviodance
just looking for other options

How much time it takes to turn a canopy around is NOT what's important. Rather, how much space it takes to turn is what you need to worry about. That raven turned quick but took up altitude and forward movement. My rock dragon on the other hand, while it seems like forever fixing a 180, turns about itself w/ no forward movement (if done right) and minimal alt. loss.

I agree with u but I'm ust lookng for something tat turns faster I never tried a rock dragon
my budy is getting a valved flick next week I'll try that. but I have know idea how it fly's

Im no expert, but i would bet to say that the speed a canopy turns is directly proportional to its wing loading, and size. the higher its loaded, and the smaller it is, the faster it will turn. and that goes for everything. rear riser flips, toggle whips, etc.

yah but my 218 raven turned faster than my mojo 190 and I like the comfort I get from a canopy that can dodge odjects fast like steet lamps and other buldings, trees and such. although my mojo has always put me down safe even when I thought it was all out of flight

BY THE WAY HAS ANY ONE tried jumping thr R-MAX reserve for base

A Velo with a line-over.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

yah but my 218 raven turned faster than my mojo 190 and I like the comfort I get from a canopy that can dodge odjects fast like steet lamps and other buldings, trees and such. although my mojo has always put me down safe even when I thought it was all out of flight

are you sure you are measuring the turn speed correctly? i mean, pulling the riser down the farthest? it could be that diferent canopies have different riser or toggle pressure and you just need to crank on it a bit more.

too bad a raven 218 is not so good at dodging those pesky cliffs after a 180...

I would've probably abandoned that thing too.

Why even bother with an R-Max?

I would've thought you might see the advantages to a base specific canopy after that little incident?