helge

LORAN-C

Anyone know what 250Kw of 90 to 110 kHz radiation will do to your health?

The subject is a LORAN-C mast..

Loran-C Frequently Asked Questions
Is Loran-C a risk to health?

The McManus Report investigated public health regarding radiation from a transmitting mast such as the proposed Loop XXXX Loran-C. The power output is no greater than that of a typical RTE or BBC station. Aside from precautions to be taken by maintenance personnel servicing the mast and limiting public access, there have been no
identifiable risks for public health.

All LORAN-C antennas radiate an omnidirectional pattern...

Beats the hell out of me, but then again, I hate towers and they hate me.

The studies that I've read indicate that damage from RF radiation (such as this) is limited to tissue heating and is usually temporary. Near a typical radio transmitter, this might mean temporary sterility, and apparently warming of the eyeballs is noticeable early on. More power gets you into nausea / vomiting territory, then temporary blindness.

As to the particular power of this transmitter, you'll need to find somebody who's actually been on one, since the intensity of the radiation depends sensitively on the distance from the transmitting element and how the radiation is distributed.

There is, according to what I've read, no conclusive evidence that RF radiation causes, for instance, cancer.

Don't worry man the radiation on all A's is good for you! It doesn't cause cancer it kills cancer cells, so to keep healthy get your ass out there and huck that bitch!

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

The studies that I've read indicate that damage from RF radiation (such as this) is limited to tissue heating and is usually temporary. .

yeah! kinda like a sunburn! you will be fine.:P

'if i could offer you, only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it'

-baz lurman

:D:ph34r:

[:/]
Depends on frequenz, output power and pulse.
Definitly i would stay away from any kind of radar towers/antennas.

In Germany was a big problem with cancer sick soldiers. (after 10-20 years) The have had all to work on radar stations.
I dont know if that was an direct problem of the radar radiation itself or of this old radar units.

there have been no
identifiable risks for public health.

just a note... public health investigations make a huge difference when compared to direct exposure. if anyone actually thinks it's healthy to stand in front of any emitter pushing wattage starting with a K, by all means give it a little kiss before you huck.:)

Not at all like sunburn. That's exactly the point.

Not at all like sunburn. That's exactly the point.

i know, i know, but i was just pointing out that my tissue being heated fromt the inside out from radiation kinda freakes me out.

i know, i know, but i was just pointing out that my tissue being heated fromt the inside out from radiation kinda freakes me out.

Psh... And you call yourself a BASE jumper? ;)

Psh... And you call yourself a BASE jumper? ;)

:$:)