mostwanted

thomas huber - now also basejumping...

i just read that bavarian climber thomas huber now also is into basejumping, which supprised me first, because i could not imagine him skydiving...

does anybody know how he prepared for base? did he make all the recommended skydives, FJC, etc.?

i just read that bavarian climber thomas huber now also is into basejumping, which supprised me first, because i could not imagine him skydiving...

does anybody know how he prepared for base? did he make all the recommended skydives, FJC, etc.?

I had the chance (and honor) to join Thomas last year in the Swiss Valley where he did his very first cliff jumps together with his personal coach. Prior to this he was trained by his friend (who is a professional AFF trainer and a wellknown BASE jumper) as his personal coach for skydiving as well as for BASE jumps and did a lot bridge jumps in Croatia. I have never ever seen such perfect cliff jumps from a beginner in BASE as I have seen it from Thomas. He did perfect exits and very good tracks and always stayed on the safe side.

Bernhard
Frankfurt/Germany

Before people start wild guessing...yes he did start skydiving with the purpose of learning base jumping, and he got himself an experienced mentor, so no worries...

Have not jumped with him though.

--
Eduard

personal coach...
very nice, does he rub his shoulder after the jump... :-)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Imagine the link-ups in Yo with gear and sherpas waiting top and bottom of each route! Whooee! Those Hubers are absolutely amazing. Glad to have him BASEing.

jon

Spent time with Thomas and some other climbers at ITW this summer. Solid jumper and great guy. I look forward to see what jumps he will perform in the future with his combined skills.

J
BASEstore.it

world class athlets dont need a hole lot of training they figure it out for them selves and dont panic under presure
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

what about you ? skydiver ? fjc ?
just wondering why you would like to know details about other jumpers.ask him.
take care
hannes

Acknowledge Hannes! The question bore a certain "suggestion" I dare say...

--
Eduard

what about you ? skydiver ? fjc ?
just wondering why you would like to know details about other jumpers.ask him.
take care
hannes

skydiver. wannabe basejumper. plan a fjc in fall 2008 or spring 2009 - hopefully. still a lot of things to lear while skydiving. bought a Raven III a few months ago to do the recommended drills when skydiving...

there was this documentation about him and his brother on bavarian broadcast a few years ago and i do not know exactly why, but i could not really imagine this nature-boy sitting in a soloy, porter or whatever...

...i was only curious how (safe) someone like him got into base.

i do not know him personally so i thought it would be a bit weird if i contacted him (via email) - but maybe that would have been more appropriate than posting the question on dz.com. i apologize if so.

world class athlets dont need a hole lot of training they figure it out for them selves and dont panic under presure

Phrase "under presure" means free solo of Kommunist 8b+, right?

Fido