pocbase

I WON'T quit BASE

Since some might and some will, just thought I'd let you know.

And it looks cool with the two other threads.
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

i cant believe a joke of a post by me could get somuch attention.

im not quitting either by the way, but i am diversifying more.

-SPACE-

Calvin is KAPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, bitch, Jesse hall is Kaput. i have been saying it for weeks.

-SPACE-

You'll never quit. sure. I've heard that one before. In fact, I think I said that myself before.
If your lucky, one day your tastes and desires will change. Perhaps then you'll reconsider your pledge of never quiting. I've seen my share of people come and go. Many of whom where lucky enough to get out of BASE alive. The others where, well, not so lucky.

Nothing is certain indeed. I may reconsider that pledge some day. There were two threads going with the same sort of title. Was just having fun that's all.
The last three or four years, I have had death around me in various forms more than ever in my life.
Don't think that I don't realize what death looks like because I still get flashbacks. it's just that BASE to me is not about death and a little humor once in a while has never killed anyone (even if it's not that funny).

Point taken. I suppose that my reply was intended for everyone out there that thinks that BASE will always be their "end all be all" sport. After all, How can some one say with a straight face that what they are doing at this very moment in their lives will be what they want to be doing in 20, 30, or 50 years from now?
Believe it or not, for most, not all, but for most, the BASE fire will fade. This fact is inevitable. One day in the future, (if you get that far) you will find your self at the edge of an object asking if you really need one more jump. Not because your scared or worrying about death, but because it has become common place and well, kind of boring.

You may go on like that for some time before you either build up the courage to walk away from the sport you've loved for so long, or you may jump anyway and again risk becoming another number on Nicks list for a passion long since faded.

Wholly shit! Where did that soap box come from and how did I end up on top of it. Christ! I must be loosing it. That will be all. Carry on.

P.S. I'm not trying to convince any one to hang it up and quit jumping. Rather, I'm only saying that we must be true to our selves. Have fun while its fun, and when its not, move on.
End of rant. I mean it this time

You need to travel more...and type less.

Oh, he has definitly been around ;) He's a good person to pay attention to.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

AMEN to that. And that's something coming from an Atheist. And BTW Kev, I think that might have been my soapbox you were on. I've been looking for it for ages. I figure it must be mine since it's rated for the larger jumpers in our fair sport. Some real truth to Kevin's post. Fade, it does and fade, it will.