skyyhi

Question re: Leg straps and pads

I am buying a used rig. The MLW fits me great, the yoke is the perfect size for my shoulders, the hip rings actually are at my hips. . .the only exception is the leg pads are too long for me to tighten the leg straps down enough, and the leg straps could be shortened some. Is this something a rigger can fix?

Thanks!
FGF #6
Darcy

Yay. . .that is exactly what happens to mine, the pads overlap by about an inch when tightened down. . .glad it's not too expensive also. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I had the manufacturer shorten up my legstraps and pads a few months ago.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I "think" that's a master rigger thing. I could be wrong. Definitely would need to be done by someone who has both a harness machine and a binder.

I had the manufacturer shorten up my legstraps and pads a few months ago.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I "think" that's a master rigger thing. I could be wrong. Definitely would need to be done by someone who has both a harness machine and a binder.

Master rigger or the manufacture on the leg straps. (alteration)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I think no. It's a job for a rigger.

Even though you aren't intending to do anything that would affect the integrity of the harness, the possibility of a mistake (and the consequences of that mistake) make it a job for a rigger.

I learned more about what not to do and how not to do things while getting my rating than anything else.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

So does this mean I could shorten my own pads if I didn't affect the integrity of the straps?

Pads are just pads... but they are usually sewn to leg straps pretty much at both ends of the pad. That's where you don't want to make mistakes when removing stitches. Hence the suggestion to find a rigger.