cesslon

Iceland Base jumping

Hi,

was hitting the piss in iceland over the weekend and while there I was curious s to if people jump there ?

I know of one person who lives there and jumps.....

get hold of Benni the Ice-Man

He is a good friend of mine and my brother from another mother.

He is the man. Him and me opened many jumps on iceland, atleast 8-10 good jumps slider down and one slider up.

though there is a great problem with weather.

/martin
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

get hold of Benni the Ice-Man

He is a good friend of mine and my brother from another mother.

He is the man. Him and me opened many jumps on iceland, atleast 8-10 good jumps slider down and one slider up.

though there is a great problem with weather.

/martin

Cool, has anyone jumped the main building in the capital (without site nameing its simply the tallest at 240ft).

also whats the biggest delay ya's have got off a cliff ?

Cool, has anyone jumped the main building in the capital (without site nameing its simply the tallest at 240ft).

That building is 225 feet and 150-170 vertical, it has not been jumped for several reason´s

also whats the biggest delay ya's have got off a cliff ?

http://www.ismennt.is/not/jonasg/0landid/jg03/lomagnupur/lomagnupur02.html

Martin was the first to out fly it in his Rocket-Suit. I jumped it in my GS1 few weeks ago, it was around 25-30 sec and then i opened over my car.

Thanks again Martin for great trips!:)

This cliff is about 300 meters verticle then 300 meters 45 degree tallus. With a good track you will be able to take about 12-15 seconds. with a tracksuit or a small wingsuit about 20 with a big wingsuit about 40 seconds. depending on your skills.

About the buliding
I havnt seen anything jumpeable when it comes to buildings.

Iceland is a place full of exitpoits. Though most of them are in very remote areas, and you need guiding, a jeep and the right person to show you. Also you need some time there in the right season. Allso its good to be a experienced jumper its not any jumpers place.

We found many new exits, and some of them are sub-optimal but cool. If youre up for an adventure like small base-climbs in crazy areas with crazy drunk people playing the guitarr naked sitting on a huge rock after a Pink Floyd concert. Go to iceland ad look for Benni

I can both recomend it and not recomend it. If you have the brain, dont go!! if you have the heart, do it you might with some luck survive ;)

/martin

We found many new exits, and some of them are sub-optimal but cool. If youre up for an adventure like small base-climbs in crazy areas with crazy drunk people playing the guitarr naked sitting on a huge rock after a Pink Floyd concert. Go to iceland ad look for Benni

I can both recomend it and not recomend it. If you have the brain, dont go!! if you have the heart, do it you might with some luck survive ;)

/martin

Unfortunately I'm only a fan not a participant so jumping is out of the question for me, how ever the drinking I'm very experienced at :)

Well your'e gonna need it. I actually suggest you to practice more and get really profecional before you go there.

And for the jumping. the weather is turning bad soone so the drinking season is on now for another 10 monts ;)

haha
when I went there the other weekend I bought 2 x 1 litre bottles of vodka duty free, how ever on the plane I seen a vid that said only 1 litre is allowed.

so I thought I'd inform customs when I got there, the guy quized me about it
"how long will you be here?"
me "3 days"
(puzzled look on his face) "your going to drink all that?"
me "well I'm hopeing to find some people that will volunteer to help me"

it wouldn't have been hard, the alcohole in pubs/clubs is so heavily taxed, I hear norway is the same in that regard

Actually the drinking season never stops but we have more time for it in the winter time ;). Our famous mushroom season is peaking so the party is now STARTING!

When the snow is on the ground its usually best to jump in middle of the night cos of depth perception in the snow and calmer weather. If you have moonlight or northern lights you will see better in the night time. Iceland is one of the easiest place to be able to jump with great northern lights

This picture was taken close to my home town.

Bennii, was that pic taken from hafnarfjorder? I spent about 2 years in Iceland with the US Navy and I'm pretty sure the city there is Reykjavik but I couldn't tell where the pic was taken from. Normally I only saw the lights like that in the middle of nowhere on Rt 1 towards Akuyeri or Vik. I do miss the party scene there, especially new years, oh the joys. Plus the Vestmann's was a good time during the first week of August.
"I've taken the liberty of drafting your confession, you will be given a fair trial and then taken out back and shot."

Haha, No more Iceland for you guys ;) USArmy is moving out I heard. Good thing for iceland, But Ill guess youre allways welcome to come back as tourists. to drink and jump.

I guess that picture is close to Selfoss outside of selfoss.
Or isnt it Benni?

/martin

Ye the first weekend in august in Vestmanneyjar is fantastic, me and my friend jumped from a plane into the festival 2003 and got free in instead. The cliffs how around this festival are maybe jumpeble so next time i will go there i will take my baserig with me.

First picture is of the festival and and the second one is of volcano 1973 when they had to move all 5000 people how lived there out for 3 years

Martin you where correct this picture was taken close to Selfoss.

Benjamín