Sinister

New Video

1st video I have put togeather so check it out.

To all the haters out there rip it apart and give it some constructive critique I am still learning this shit. if you loved it let me know. I have some amazing stuff on the way

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=4694&d=addgp&u=20392

Mirror
http://www.myspace.com/85794730
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

make it user friendly. Im not waiting 8 min to download. I dont care if monkeys fly out of your but while your getting head by two of maggots whores with out rigs on from the empire state building during a hurricane in January on a 97 Sq foot 22 cell.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

Well actually I have some really great footage of just that monkeys and all but I only flicked my wicked 11 cell prototype. 8 minutes to get it from where? You using that old rotary dial up. It should stream on the 2nd link.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

Dude, I definitely want to see the in air "Blue Monkey Butt Blow Job" scene but the download time is way too long.....:(

....and before you pull the old dial-up card, let me tell you I work at software design company and have a T-1 connection. ;)

Of course it could be that the skydivingmovies site is running slow right now for some reason.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

How long is the video? 15 - 20 min? I did a 6.5 min video and it only came out to 40 meg and was still VERY good quality.

Screw the T1, I'm on a 9 meg cable-modem connection in my house and it's still taking way too long to DL from skydivingmovies.

On edit: It does stream faster than it plays on myspace, which is nice. On the video, it's a good "camaraderie style" TF video. Good job.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK

Screw the T1, I'm on a 9 meg cable-modem connection in my house and it's still taking way too long to DL from skydivingmovies.

You get what you pay for! If everyone who used SkydivingMovies.com made a donation then perhaps mcrocker (who provides the bandwidth for free) would decrease the throttling.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

What should I use to compress it? I used DIVX and that is the smallest I could get it without the audio and video getting hagared. Skydivingmovies does have a slow server but 91megs isn't all that big.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

My entire standard for rating a vidoe is how much ME is in it. This one has ME at the very end, so I give it a thumbs up.

I usually use Windows Media Encoder. It's free and very good, though you'll probably get hate mail from Apple guys and Bill Haters.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK

What time in the movie? Whats your name I will upgrade you from random dude to such named dude.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

What time in the movie? Whats your name I will upgrade you from random dude to such named dude.

I'm not sure what time it is, but it is the last jump in the movie -- the horrible looking rollover where my feet slipped and the lines went slack.

oh shit nice to meet you that was some scary sheit I have some amazing stills of that jump my buddy Dave took while I was shooting video of it.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

Blue Skies Sinister,

Cool video, I recognized a few people, and one object :)
It took me about an hour to download. You are right, DIVX is one of the smaller formats. I guess one option would be to produce 2 versions: 1 long for DVD distribution and 1 teaser length for internet sharing. That is what I usually do with my jump flicks.

Just curious, what did you use to edit?
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

I used primere. I should just give up and host the vid on my server.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

I've been playing with flash streaming videos a bit lately. That's probably something that'll eventually make it's way to skydivingmovies.com when I find the easiest way to convert LOTS of videos. Then you can at least see a lower quality streaming preview and decide if you want to download the real thing or not.

For now, I'll be adding this one to the European file mirror when I get a chance, which should help out.

Dave

Blue Skies Sinister,

Cool video, I recognized a few people, and one object :)

let me guess......the bridge?

what do i win?

ian