packertom

Lee Hardesty in Baffin

Hey all, just to update those who know about Lee's trip. He's in the Baffin Islands. He left Texas on April 26th and is scheduled to fly back on 10 June. He's been gone now for about a month so I'm assuming that he's out there jumping and climbing and hoping that he's not dead. He actually took video cameras with him this trip and may get some usable footage this time. (if he makes it back again that is)

for those of you who don't know the background on this post... my partner Lee hardesty (of turkey boogie wall rescue fame) went to the baffin islands solo (this is his 3rd solo trip). no helicopter, no snow mobile, no support, no sat phone, no nothing... just Lee and a 200 pound sled and some second hand skis and a bunch of rope and a rig. oh yeah and a mossberg 590 3.5 inch magnum shotgun with custom big game slugs to keep the polar bears from eating him. I've not heard from him since he got on the plane and probably won't until he calls sometime after he misses his return flight and needs me to reroute his travel... I know a lot of people here know what he's up to and are probably wondering what his status is and will keep ya'll informed if I hear anything.

Tom Stewart
www.applieddeceleration.com
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

He ended up completely solo? Thought he had a few companions on this trip.
In any case, thanks for the update.
-C.

yep he went solo... just got some pm's that apparently there are a couple of other groups in the area... makes me feel a bit better that if he gets hurt someone may actually find his body... and more importantly the 2 hi-def expensive ass video cameras that he took with him... oooh and the shotgun, it was nice ;-)
[email protected]
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

Tom is a Bad Ass! He only brought the shotgun so that he could toss it to the Polar Bears. That way, they have a far chance.

Looking forward to seeing the footage!

What an Awesome Adventure! Go get em Tom!

Have Fun!
Baz

>>No way Lee told me you weren't going...

Edited: Warning! Statements In Post Above Are Dumber Than They Appear!
:D

have a nice trip mate and have funB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Lee is a Bad Ass! He only brought the shotgun so that he could toss it to the Polar Bears. That way, they have a far chance.

Looking forward to seeing the footage!

What an Awesome Adventure! Go get em Lee!

Have Fun!
Baz

Note to self: Read it first, then post it.

still no word from Lee... hopefully, he is still alive and getting some decent footage, if I hear anything I'll let everyone know what's up... if anyone hears anything pertaining to him from another group, please post it here.. Lee isn't real good about letting others know what he's doing :-)

Tom
www.applieddeceleration.com
[email protected]
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

We are back in Clyde River. We had some excellent jumping conditions and then the weather closed in and is looking to stay bad for a few days.

I talked to one outfitter whose brother(?) took Lee out. I'm sure he's okay, but he was up in Gibbs and we were in Sam Ford.

I'll post if I hear any more about him.