GeordieSkydiver

Wingsuit BASE.

Just for my own curiosity, how many jumps did you have before you did a BASE jump in a wingsuit?

How many WS skydives did you have then?
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

I had 139 BASE jumps from 18 different objects....and about 200 wingsuit skydives. First suit is GTI. YMMV.
Later
Blair

how many jumps did you have before you did a BASE jump in a wingsuit?

And those that reply; please qualify what kind of jumps (slider-down versus terminal). Doing 50 jumps of the Perrine will not prepare you for your first wingsuit jump. I'm thinking that solid terminal tracking experience will be much more useful.

About 600 BASE jumps. About 100 wingsuit flights from planes.

My first 15 or so BASE flights were all in a 3 day period, off the same object. It wasn't particularly high (about 1650) but it had the advantage that I got to practice exits repeatedly in a short period of time.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I hadn't Matt, so thanks.

I just wanted a general overview, I'm not a BASE jumper, I've just seen some pretty awesome footage and wondered at what sort of experience level these guys were.

Thanks for the link.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

around 140 basejumps, 40 of them from bigwalls.
400 skydives short of being allowed to practice from plane...
worked out just fine!

About 50 BASE jumps mostly from 1800ft towers and about 7 wingsuit jumps from a plane....Just go for it man, im still alive :)

Hows that saying go again....oh yeah "Your Mileage May Vary" Now I have over 100 WS BASE jumps, so looking back it may not have been the best route. With that said, if I had to do it all over again I would probably do it just the same.