ricardoval77

Heliboogie at Angel Falls in December

It is now official, from December 9th to the 14th there will be a boogie at Angel Falls in Venezuela. People will be taken by helicopter to the top of Angel Falls for some BASE action. In addition, there will be skydiving activities right over the indigenous/tourist village where jumpers will be accommodated. This is definitely a rare and unique opportunity to jump the tallest waterfall in the world (3,000' +++). Slots are limited.

can you give us some more info like how to register, and how much?
thanks,
luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar

Who's organizing this event? What's included? Where's it based out of? Is there an event website for details?

The event is being organized by some friends in Venezuela . They told me that they will gather people in Caracas. From there, a private plane will take the jumpers to Canaima National Park where Angel Falls is. In Canaima, two helicopters will be taking people to the Cliff for BASE jumping. A web site detailing the event should be available soon.

You may contact the organizers directly at:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/calendar/page.cgi?g=Detailed/606.html&d=1

I'd really like to do this but this is way too short notice to get holidays/budget in order. I hope this event is a success and gets held again next year, I'd really like to jump the waterfall. :)