avenfoto

any takers?

this is actually a much better deal.. i wonder how much a bolt kit would cost, and the logistics involved with shipping and reassembly?

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-SELF-SUPPORTING-ANTENNA-TOWER-EXCELLENT-CONDT_W0QQitemZ7546950300QQcategoryZ4667QQcmdZViewItem

if you own the property, and the tower, that constitutes legal right?
what if we got a large group together, formed some kind of legal entity or corporation to avoid liability, all throwdown 500$ -2k and buy this fucker...

7.5k for a 300 ft freestander... in your backyard...

this is actually a much better deal..

i wonder how much a bolt kit would cost, and the logistics involved with shipping and reassembly?

Well to start with...
1. Land use (Zoning/Permits) Do you have setback requirements and can you meet them so that when it falls over it doesn't land in your neighbors yard? This process could cost a couple thousand or the sky is the limit depending on if the jurisdiction requires NEPA studies,wetland studies, ect ect ect.

2.Geotechnical drilling for foundation design 4+K

3.Foundation design 3K

4.New Anchor Bolts turned 4k??

5.Foundation...Drill and pour w/ caison cages included ...hmm Im gonna guess 25k+ ...depends on the bore log from the geotech.

6.Tower erection can be from 30 to 50K+ depending on method used. Gin pole or conventional/hydraulic crane.
Is your back yard big enough to lay out all that steel?

7.FAA registration and lighting kit 5K.

8. Safety climbs for all your buddies @ 225$ a peice;)
11.All the other shit I forgot to include!

Sorry to burst you bubble but this is just a guesstimate and it could be a lot more money depending on a variety of factors.

Take it easy.
Alan

EZACTLY!

The cost of the actual steel is the least of the worry but if you have the dough nothing better than your own private antenna!

Let's say 300K with elevator. If you charge 2 bucks/jump you'll go even in 150,000 jumps. If you average 100 loads a day in just over four years you go even steven...just a thought.
Memento Audere Semper

1. Land use (Zoning/Permits) Do you have setback requirements and can you meet them so that when it falls over it doesn't land in your neighbors yard? This process could cost a couple thousand or the sky is the limit depending on if the jurisdiction requires NEPA studies,wetland studies, ect ect ect.

2.Geotechnical drilling for foundation design 4+K

3.Foundation design 3K

4.New Anchor Bolts turned 4k??

5.Foundation...Drill and pour w/ caison cages included ...hmm Im gonna guess 25k+ ...depends on the bore log from the geotech.

6.Tower erection can be from 30 to 50K+ depending on method used. Gin pole or conventional/hydraulic crane.
Is your back yard big enough to lay out all that steel?

7.FAA registration and lighting kit 5K.

8. Safety climbs for all your buddies @ 225$ a peice;)

having your own personal tower? priceless!

for everything else, there's...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

It would probably be cheaper to find an exisiting site that was being decommissioned, and buy it in it's entirety (including the land and the anchors--which are the really expensive bit for new construction).

I know that there was a decommissioned tower that was being jumped pretty regularly a few years ago (one jumper even hauled a big plank up to the top to use as a diving board), but I'm not sure if it was ever available for purchase or not, and I think it was eventually torn down.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

well thanks to all..thats what this forum is for...B|

guess ill just stick to greyarea jumps...

Im positive you could build a truss construction with a ladder and a platform for way cheaper than that. call it "art" and avoid all the red tape that an antenna would draw. you'd pay for a permit to have something 300ft. checked out, matbe a red light at the top. put up a fence with a private property sign and a no tresspassing sign......don't prosecute.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Put it on top of a gutted out 200' hotel on the beach.:)
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Put it on top of a gutted out 200' hotel on the beach.:)

Put the hotel on a cliff and you could get three objects on one jump :P