elias123

base video clip

found this while searching on google

http://www.premierspeakers.com/481/video.cfm?quality=high

amazing visuals
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

That's a strange video...
It seems that they have absolutly no control at any time during the jump (both jumper and cameraman) and pitch totaly unstable...
Was that there first jump?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

It wasn't their first jump, but I believe they underestimated how thin the air was going to be at that altitude which is what resulted in the tumbling. (seeing as noone had made a zero speed exit from that altitude before I guess)

Was that there first jump?

Glenn Singlemann, who organized the jump expedition, was very inexperienced at jumping. Nic Feteris, the guy you see speaking in that clip, was actually very experienced. He was freefalling 200' or so with a skydiving rig (successfully, and repeatedly) before that jump, and was known to many jumpers around the world. He was especially celebrated in the US for his novel approach to getting a free plane ticket home.

As noted above, it's generally thought that the thin air made freefall control very difficult for them on those jumps. I agree, though, that it looks pretty scary, and I'm happy it was them discovering those issues, rather than me.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ok, Nic Feteris is the one who jumped that famous thing at the east cost?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

It wasn't their first jump, but I believe they underestimated how thin the air was going to be at that altitude which is what resulted in the tumbling. (seeing as noone had made a zero speed exit from that altitude before I guess)

Actually, on August 16,1960, six years before Brian Schubert and I jumped the El Cap, Captain Joseph W. Kittenger rode a helium balloon to the edge of space, 102,800 feet. He exited at 110 degrees below zero (near vacuum), accelerated to 714 mph, and freefell for 4.5 minutes to open at 14,000 feet.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

He was especially celebrated in the US for his novel approach to getting a free plane ticket home.

After no luck in finding his novel approach to getting a free plane ticket home, can you go into details about this venture? Thanks.......

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

appreciate your help! Thanks...

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ