321seeya

Do you jump from the corner?

Laying in bed last night thinking about this B I want to jump (much later) I started thinking of the safest position on the building to launch from. I figured it would be the safest (Winds allowing) to jump from the corner of a building instead of the flat. This would allow more flight area in case of an off heading opening. (see attached diagram) If you had a 180 off heading, jumping in this manner would require less riser/toggle input to avoid the B. If anyone has an opinion on this, or sees something I am overlooking, please let me know. You guys have been a real help in the past, and I know there is alot of knowledge on this site. Thanks!

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

Jumping from the corner (when possible) is pretty much standard practice.

Often, though, you won't have a choice, because the exit will be dictated by location of landing area, wind, ability to access the exit itself, or other factors.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Nick, You crack me up! Cant wait to meet you in person!
See ya at the bridge.

Free the soul -- DJ

Um...Ok...
are you kidding or is this a real post?
i find it had tp believe that this would b posted as a real Quesion that a baSE jumper would have...
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

when i was going into base, i was told "when you dont know, ASK always".

i think thats quite ok to ask even if someone thinks thats silly question...

P

i think thats quite ok to ask even if someone thinks thats silly question...

Humm..Ok Pete, will you buy my plane ticket to Norway next year? :P
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

But . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

By the way....... jumped that building B|

/Micke
Team Bautasten

Yo Dave ,

....Ofcourse...Is Business class ok? want to have Hotel room also, or is the White house ok for you ?

Are you coming?
How are you?

saw it first time 1 month ago.im really sad its no longer.. anyway some 17storries B´s in the same city(just outside)could be jumped... sadly not from were my sister ander brother in law lives...[:/]
could be cool to be on a jump there through:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Um...Ok...
i find it had tp believe that this would b posted as a real Quesion that a baSE jumper would have...

You are right, I would have much rather read about jumping the corner in a post humourous thread entitled, If he would have only asked. Not every one has all of the answers at 91 jumps.....
Ease up.....:|

Free the soul -- DJ

Its a newbie forum,thouse are the Q´s to expect arround here;)

besides as Tom said you cant always jump from a corner,actualy i never tryed that yet:P:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I find it hard to believe that this would be posted as a real answer that an English speaker would give. :S

What I figure, though, is that since you posted it at 3:30 in the morning on a holiday weekend, you probably couldn't focus...on either the question or on the keyboard.

Would that be fair to say?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

>>Um...Ok...
i find it had tp believe that this would b posted as a real Quesion that a baSE jumper would have...<<

Sometimes buildings have to be jumped from other than a corner, or not at all, because as someone mentioned up board it's not so much launching as arriving that matters. If never willing to jump a building from the "middle" how would you ever justify jumping a cliff?

~Laying in bed last night thinking about this B I want to jump (much later) I started thinking of the safest position on the building to launch from. I figured it would be the safest (Winds allowing) to jump from the corner of a building instead of the flat. This would allow more flight area in case of an off heading opening. (see attached diagram) If you had a 180 off heading, jumping in this manner would require less riser/toggle input to avoid the B. If anyone has an opinion on this, or sees something I am overlooking, please let me know. You guys have been a real help in the past, and I know there is alot of knowledge on this site. Thanks!

Sorry all for the enibriated posting last night:$ (this morning?:S)
I thought it would be obvious that a corner would be the safest exit point, the question seemed a bit queer so I had to ask....
~Nick
The question (above) I responded to had nothing to do with wether or not I would exit from the middle of a building if a corner was not available,only wether a corner was safer than the middle of a wall...which seemed...well obvious...all wind,and obsticles aside.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

You drink and think about BASE jumping? I'm shocked, shocked I say . . .

It's cool, Brother, and more than normal . . .

Here's a little bit of unwarrented input from somebody who probably shouldn't be throwing ideas around... I just thought it might be worth mentioning, even though safety is more important than not getting caught.

P.S... Jumping from a corner, however, seems like it would typically open up more potential landing areas. if it is in a city, for example, you have four directions in which to fly/land rather than two.
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving