Curby

BASE zones in Canada??

Hey guys, in the future im looking into doing some base jumps, but i live in Ontario tho, so i really dunno where to go, any spots known?
Thanks
Curby

May I ask why you are asking for spots to jump having just registered today without a profile. Thats seams a little fishy to me...

D

go here:

Twin Falls, Idaho.

come back after a good FJC and twenty-something jumps,

ask the same question to the right people in person..

and they will be far more willing to share their objects and information with you

:D

soon to be gone

hey, yea im new to the sport, and yea, sry my first post asking to go cause i would like to get into it, but there no one around here to help me, ive asked sky divers and they all say its too dangerious for them and illegal and wouldnt help me at all to get into it. i really dont know how to ask in a person post.
Curby
p.s idaho is too far for me to travel, if i could make it there i would, but i cant afford to go that far away.

try to register and put all your info there. you are going to be suprised how helpfull it is.
see ya

p.s idaho is too far for me to travel, if i could make it there i would, but i cant afford to go that far away.

BASE jumping is not free ... there are travel costs + gear costs involved in making jumps. The Perrine Bridge in Idaho is one of the best places you'll ever find towards learning how to BASE jump. How much do you value your life? Would you rather learn the ropes in the sport the right way (by easing into it) or do you want to go balls to the walls and try jumping the most difficult objects only because you may be close to them? BASE jumping isn't safe, but it sure can be as dangerous as you want to make it. What sort of skydiving experience do you have? Do you have any sort of experience flying airplanes, ultralights, paragliders, etc, etc, etc. Until you tell people more about your background and experiences playing in the skies, people are going to be reluctant to open their arms to someone with no experience. This shit maybe fun, but it's serious business up there. One moment you're alive and the next moment your dead only because you didn't know better, were poorly prepared or used poor judgement ... good luck ... BASE jumping rocks when it's approached in a respectful and responsible way.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASE jumping is not free ... there are travel costs + gear costs involved in making jumps. The Perrine Bridge in Idaho is one of the best places you'll ever find towards learning how to BASE jump. How much do you value your life? Would you rather learn the ropes in the sport the right way (by easing into it) or do you want to go balls to the walls and try jumping the most difficult objects only because you may be close to them?

chill down dude,yes TF is great but not that great.. back here were we dont have a nice S to jump all the time we learn from A´s even as were close to Norway...
Jumping a S wont teach you the skills to jump other objects.. Actualy my completing letter were an S at my jump 63ish...

As the person ask for Canada there might be a reasson that he choose so instead of TF...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over
"Less bitching, more jumping"

ironic sigline:P

Curby,i also say that the best is going to Idaho but it is posible to learn back home aswell,speak to the locals.. thats the best way to do it;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

As the person ask for Canada there might be a reasson that he choose so instead of TF...

Curby,i also say that the best is going to Idaho but it is posible to learn back home aswell,speak to the locals.. thats the best way to do it;)

You do realize that Whatever is a local, and did advise him to travel to Idaho for an FJC, right?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You do realize that Whatever is a local, and did advise him to travel to Idaho for an FJC, right?

if i said yes i would lie:$ im sorry..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Thx for the replys guys, well first off im totaly new to all this, main thing i deal withg etting air is in kite boarding/surfing, but dont fly as high as skydiving or basejumping, i havent sky dived yet, but soon i will, and base will be after, im just looking for help and knowlege around here basically, if i lived in idaho i woulndt be too concerened cause then i could get help in person, and have a span to jump off, but around here theres no one, just sky divers that give me the cold shoulder as soon as i mention the word base. so only people i have to help is on this web site, unless i find a local. thx guys
Curby
o.s if i send multimsgs on here its cause my interent doesnt load most of time, and i have to hit post reply alot to get it to work.

get atleast 200skydives in,and dont mention to them why,actualy have fun skydiving as it is fun...

Im sure people are ready to help soon as you´ve got some ram air canopy skills...B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I would suggest taking all the advise that has been given. Get some skydiving experience first. You won't find any local base jumpers that will be willing to mentor someone without this experience. Go to the local skydive club and ask about skydiving first; you will be welcomed with open arms. You will be suprised that once you have some experience that these skydivers who told you about the dangers of base might in fact be the basejumpers.

Thx for the replys guys, yea for sure my intentions were to do sky diving, and THEN base, but i wanted to ask and know what was around, like wouldnt be worth getting into base if theres no places to doit around here and no one to help, but yeah for sure sky divers can help me in sky diving, but i will need true base jumper to help me in base jumping.
so yeah for sure ill do sky diving, and when time comes ill get into base if locals are found, and jumping spots. thx for the replys guys, in no means am i going to rush into this, and then end up messed up and giving BASE a bad name, i look foward to doing it, just in time and giving good reps about it. thx again.
Curby
BTW anyone from michigan? i live right near the boarder, across from Detriot.

Dude, one of the coolest things I've found about BASE jumpers, is that they're everywhere.

When I was growing up I'd hear about some crazy BASE jumper going off this landmark, or that building, or climbing up the side of another landmark to jump, or launching off this other monument and getting deported. Everyone would stop and think, "There goes another one of those crazy BASE jumpers."

But what they don't realize is that those guys weren't the real BASE jumpers. The real BASE jumpers are jumping something every night... in every city... and no one ever finds out about it.

So while, I don't know anything about the area in which you live, I can almost guarantee that there's a crew nearby. I never knew my city was so active before I got "in", because after all, I'd never seen a BASE jump happen around here.

Lou