RPetrie

Priming Pins, Good or Bad thing?

Was just wandering what the opinions were on priming your pins for low freefalls. Should you pull them half way, three quarter, or not at all? What are the malis that could occur, like a container lock. Please share the knowledge....thx

Have you read?

Thread
[What is more valuable? Snatch or Drag?]

I give you my opinion on some of it there.
or is that where you question came from?

I do prime my pins as I get lower.
Greeny

I think what Ryan is getting at is this... I have heard him and one other person discuss a possible container lock. He was saying that by priming the pins so far that the tips of the pins may lock inside the grommets while still through the closing loop causing a possible bag lock. I say if you think it can happen, don't prime your pins that far. I normally prime my pins half way when jumping slider down. Probably never makes a difference, but it makes me feel better. Oh yea and Ryan look forward to getting home and hitting some objects up. I'll climb in the winter, are you up for it?

Bryan

Bryan

Could you elaborate on how the pins might lock? I can't figure it out myself. I jump velcro right now, but if I had a pin rig I certainly wouldn't hesitate to prime the pins for low stuff...

Instead of priming the pins so much, use spectra closing loops for very low freefalls. Otherwise half-way in the closing loop is pretty much fine for slider down I reckon.

less than 2 secs planned freefall i start prime my pins halfway.

I use spectra loops on all my jumps(usaly 400ft or below).

I cant imagine how you could get a lock unless your using some of throuse straight pins,and even by them i dont think it should be a thing,unless you have your tenssion on your loops really tight which you migt dont want at low jumps(just a guess)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

ody....come on now....u know im always down to jump....temperature is not an issue...cant wait till ur home....see you at the turkey boogie.