avenfoto

wlo toggles on skydiving rigs...

i would have posted this in gear/rigging but dont believe they would be familiar enuff w/wlo's... anyway.. besides the obvious advantages, what disadvantages do you see to this set-up? unseen advantages? your opinions please..thanx -b

I don't really see ANY advantages for your average skydive. Especially if you're flying a much smaller canopy (than your BASE canopy)that you can't land on rear risers.

The difference is in the reserve.
pope

I thought about it, but then I realized that I am not too worried about line-overs on my sport canopy. It would be easier to carry a hook knife, or easier to cut it away and get another skydive.
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Man, why make your main a safer canopy when cutting it away is your one chance of experiencing a thrill, opening low, flying a one-canopy system, and not get harassed by your DZO, after all "I had a line-over!"

;)

I recommend skydiving with WLO toggles to test, experiment and play with them. Other than that, I don't see skydivers adopt them any time soon.

yeah but you can always "have a (insert bs mal here) and chop... ( not from personal experience..;)) just thinking of saving the 40 bux, and still being able to fly that day sans second rig..