markamodeo

US Congress

I received a letter yesterday from my Congressman, Rahm Emanuel. He seems like a stand-up guy.
It was as a result of the ABP letters I sent from the ABP website.
I'm sure many of you have received something similar, but here's what it says:

"Dear Mr. Amodeo:
Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about the issues facing backcountry parachutists. Your concerns are important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.
I will certainly keep your views in mind when considering legislation on this issue. Additionally, I encourage you to send my office any new information or updates regarding issues facing the backcountry parachutist community."

That's positive, huh?
The website makes writing the letters easy, too, so if you haven't done it yet, maybe it's time?

That's great!

My understanding is that Congress determines the value of a letter by how much time the author devoted to it. The value relates to the number of representative constituents. My understanding from National Public Radio (NPR) is that the value goes as follows:

1) handwritten letter is the best. It must be clearly written though. No cursive.

2) typed or printed letters. Include a real signature!

3) email is the least effective.

4) phone calls - generally not effective.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

nice work mate but as a former sales rep it sounds computer generated to me...i hope im wrong......keep pluggin let me know if you need any decent wines sourcing for you,best regards to you your wife and your dog dude...

cya soon i hope.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Mark,

drop me your number............ would love to catch up!

BASE will never be legal given all the current approaches. We may gain sympathy from low level people, even the head of the NPS, but they will never go to the effort to fight our battles in order create more work for them managing BASE permits. The monies associated with ABP and elsewhere should be directed to hire lobbyists to focus on particular members of Congress. Some of the right wing politicians would probably be our best bet, since environmental concerns are not a priority to many of them. I live in Texas and the right wingers are pro-bravery, etc, with all the support of the so-called 'wildcat' oil men, who generally were military Airborne types.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

..."men, who generally were military Airborne types."

Most Excellent point Made.
The Hidden depth and the -Remembered- love & excitement of free-fall. That the X-members of Airborne and other Military branches have.
They are a group/minority that no one ever thinks about. Especially BASE jumpers.
Don't underestimate them. It can defiantly swing positive favor your way.