evilivan

Getting to Bridge Day from Europe

So I got my slot B| Sounds like it will be a veritable history fest.

Any advice on where to fly to? The website lists these as the closest major towns:

Charleston, WV 1 hr
Charlotte 4 hrs
Cincinnati 4 hrs
Columbus 4 hrs
Morgantown 2.5 hrs
Pittsburgh 4 hrs
Raleigh 5 hrs
Richmond 5 hrs
Washington DC 5 hrs

Where do you normally fly to?

Also planning be in the States for a few days round the 15th; recommend any DZ's nearby (within a few hours drive)?

Thanks for any help...

Ivan
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

I beleive raliegh to be a decent sized hub. they would probally be the best bet for a cheaper ticket.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

>>Charleston, WV 1 hr<<

Charleston is the airport most jumpers come through. You can rent a car and it's an easy drive to the Bridge. Also this year, and for the first time thanks to Jason Bell, there are going to be shuttle busses available for jumpers . . .

BTW the airport designation for Charleston WV's Chuck Yeager airport is CRW. So be careful as there is also another airport in South Carolina named Charleston.

NickD :)BASE 194

Most jumpers fly into Charleston (CRW). Nick is right - we will be providing some shuttle buses from this airport to Fayetteville on Thursday and Friday at various times and returning on Sunday AM. It's only an hour drive.

If Charleston isn't available, Charlotte and Pittsburgh (PIT) are two others you could try. Forget Morgantown, because they'll simply route you thru Pittsburgh or DC and charge you out the arse.

As for DZ's, I would recommend Skydive Orange.

I'll cya at the Bridge!!!!!!!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

the dz i jump at is tristate at chesapeake oh. it's right across the river from huntington and that is an hour drive from charleston. of course, that makes it about 2.5 - 3 hrs from the bridge, but huntington is a college town if you're planning to stay for any extra time, it's kinda laid back with lots of bars. if ya decide that ya wanna go check it out, send me a pm and i'll jump with ya.