Praetorian

Size VS shape (no not that .. mains)

Ok size Vs shape .. maybe this is a better asked in safety but I'm gonna ask here.. HYPOTHETICAL (please answer the question ESPECIALLY THE WHY PART no speeches) If a new jumper trained on Saber2s finished his "A" on a Saber2 170 would rather see that novice on a Stiletto190, Saber1 170 or saber2 150
if you would please put the chutes head to head (all combos) and explain your reason. (exit weight is just under 180lbs) separate question, if you HAD to put a novice out, burning or broken plane whatever.. would you put them under a saber1 150 or a stiletto 190 if the only other option was no chute/certain death. This is just an intellectual exercise, the reasons for the decisions are what I'd like to read.

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

Why isn't staying with the same size sabre2 in your first scenario an option? In your second assuming that staying in the plane would mean certain death I would put a novice out on any kind of chute. Most accidents start on the ground. I would not let a novice get in the plane with a parachute he could not safely jump on his back regardless if he were planning on jumping it or not.

William

I'm really not getting what I was after here, staying with the saber2 170 isn't an option in this because so obviously the right choice, (hell its what I'm gonna do, well a Lotus 170 if I can find one) requires no discussion of size (wingloading) vs shape, as to the second random ass part, sorry broken plane ill conceived for discussion, but ... see next

judgment.

I think either Sabre would be better in your "novice out of burning plane" fantasy, because body position is much more critical for the proper opening of the elliptical Stiletto, and the Sabre is more forgiving of minor errors when flaring.

Ok Novice = aff6 or above, altitude is about 10K (yea I know he should be wearing his appropriate gear, but again it defeats the purpose of the hypothetical same as answering that you would put him out directly on reserve would.

I like discussions in context, but maybe what I should have asked was "compare and contrast the flight characteristics of these mains with a 180lb exit weight include in your reply discussion of how they would respond to minor mistakes during opening and landing as well as specifying where a minor mistake becomes a major mistake on each."

judgment.