ACMESkydiver

Closing pins in Memory of Josh Whipple (3ringheathen)

For friends of Josh's that don't read Skydive Snohomish's message board, I have let a few of you know individually that I am making up these closing pin necklaces in his memory. Take a look at the attached file; I know it didn't scan as nicely as it looks.

Here's what we're doing: If you would like a closing pin -on a necklace, keychain, or just the pin- they will be $9 each. All money over what it costs me to do these up will go towards Snohomish Search & Rescue in Josh's name.

Sorry, DZ.com is the best way I can come up with to disseminate this info on a larger scale, I'm not sure how to reach everyone that knew Josh...so please, if you know someone that might want one, help me out and send them an e-mail or phone call. I don't want to leave anyone out.

If you can't pick it up from Skydive Snohomish or Kent (where I live), I'll try to figure out what shipping is for you. It shouldn't be that bad, they are fairly light.

If you have chosen to honor his memory in another way, that's perfectly alright! It makes no difference whether I end up doing 10 or 50 or whatever. It's just an idea, friends. Take care.

Thanks
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

That's so nice of you. What are the words printed on the pin with? Are they engraved or anything like that?

Dang, sorry I thought I included that.

The front reads 'SERENITY'. That's the word that kind of played through the back of my mind when this idea came to me, and that's what I hope he found.

The back reads 'JOSH 7/70 - 2/05'

The words are laser marked onto the metal in black...it's almost like firing letters in black ceramic. It's very strong; I had the guy re-do one of the pins and he had to grind the thing down to get it off!

Crap I also forgot the dang disclosure (this was required by the metal company):

"These closing pins have been altered. The FAA, USPA, ParaGear, Skydive Snohomish, Twintec Metals Inc., and Joe & Jaye Panico do not authorize these closing pins to be used in any form of skydiving equipment, BASE equipment, or any other life-saving device. These closing pins are purely for decorative and sentimental purposes, and the aforementioned companies assume no liability associated with the incorrect use of these closing pins."

Guys the raised lettering could potentially fray your closing loop prematurely. I know none of you would try to use it on your gear, but the metals company required me to use a disclaimer if they were to alter a piece of skydiving equipment.

Thanks,

-Jaye P.
~Jaye

Dex
I will get a hold of Jaye and pick up a couple for you and the Monster...I will be at K-Pow today and Sat so we can meet down south.B|
Jaye
Ive sent you a PM and email.
Thanks

Jaye called me and let me know it will be a couple weeks but she will let me/all know.
Got ya covered!
A

Right on, how can I send you payment for two?

could you make that 3? ill pay you in the summer:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Right on, how can I send you payment for two?

could you make that 3? ill pay you in the summer:)

Are you coming over here then? Will you have a stateside ship to address? I'll hold one out for you. Let me know.
~Jaye

He'll be staying with Katie and me. ;)

I'll cover Faber's pin if you want to tack it onto the two I already need.

Faber
No worries... I will make sure to get an extra one when I pick up Dex and Katie's! And Its on me for all the times you have made me laugh with your POSTS.
Just an example...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what you're thinking: 45 minutes?! Well done to the lad. Respect.

not really but we aint from UK either

LOL
Love em!
Look fwd to meeting you as well.
C ya at exit!
A

Faber
No worries... I will make sure to get an extra one when I pick up Dex and Katie's! And Its on me for all the times you have made me laugh with your POSTS.

Cool, I'll add another one on for the T town group. :P
~Jaye

Its on me for all the times you have made me laugh with your POSTS.

i thank you for the offer but i personaly want to pay it up,if your payoing mine ill donate the same amount of mony for the cause:)
Ill pm you in a min or 2..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Jaye, you really are the best for doing this for everyone in our small community. Shine on girl, see you soon.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

:$

Whatever I can do to help, buddy. I'll see you soon.
~Jaye

Hey all

The last shipment is at the metal worker's shop now. I will be picking them up Thursday.

Just an FYI, I am getting closer. -Sorry it's taken longer than I wanted, my supplier shipped the raw materials kinda late, then the metal guy messed up a few, and I'm not giving out poor workmanship on those pins, that's crap. I made him re-do them.

Thank you for being so patient.

I'll send individual messages to each of you that have them on order ASAP when they are ready for you.

-Jaye P.
~Jaye