Kinaa

Mesh on vents

I have question about mesh on vents. What is your opinion/field experience about durability of mesh on vents? Is that weakest point on valved canopy. By weakest I mean will canopy (material) outlast mesh? And would that mean that after some number of jumps we will have to send canopy to manufacturer for mesh replacement? What is your field experience (my MDV canopy is pretty new, so I can tell) or your opinion about that?

Yes and one more thing, I swiched to Mozilla and I was stupid enough to delete all my (BASE) bookmarks, and I had them a lot. So can someone send me his own, I will much apreciated.:)You can do that by PM or on lava4(at)post.t-com.hr.

Mucho hanks!

Stay safe

Sorry about bad eng, my spell check seems to dislike mozzila.
:S

Why don´t you reinstall mozilla and choose transfer bookmarks?

I just did that, so bookmarks problem is solved, but still feel fre to send them if you want.
Thanks!

I haven't had any problems with the durability of the small mesh used on vents/valves. I've made hundreds of jumps on those canopies, and the mesh doesn't appear to be wearing at any faster rate than the rest of the canopy.

I do think that you'd have issues if you used larger mesh (since things would stick in it more), but that's pure speculation.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My vents are still perfect after 135 jumps (most slider-off) and all that packing. I inspect regularly, but can't see any wear on my fine mesh vents.

I know nothing about Mozilla, but I like the links on http://www.Ground-Rush.com

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Damn, somebody's going hard...

No kidding! Way to go Bill! Keep it up, and by the time I have my gear together, you'll be able to teach me a 3rd FJC :).

Cheers,

Jaap Suter

This actually reminds me. Most of my jumps are legal. That is, I didn't have to cram shit into a sack and shove it all into a trunk and run away.

I think that is what wears the canopy the most. I have had all the time in the world to carefully pick sticks and brambles out of my canopy before stuff-sacking it.

But the price we pay for the sport we enjoy is the added risk of gear wear do to all sorts of funky landing areas.

Oh, and I've slowed my jumping down to a normal rate. From 130 in 2 months to 1 in a month. I'm actually jonesing a little... But it's a means to an end - I'm jumping my bird-man suit every day. Soon I will need a very tall cliff...

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...