frenchcloud

jump the grand canyon

anybody jumped there already? i m going there for spring break. wondered if some spots were better than others...

--------------------------------------------------
The tongue is NOT only a tool for speech!

The good ones require a helicoptor
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

They're all the same. Basically you can get away without getting caught by already having your rig on (Slider down, 46" PC, expect to take 20+ seconds freefall to clear the overhangs) in your car. As soon as the bus full of old codgers arrive have your ground crew honk an air horn at the opposite end of the parking lot. Wait 30 or 40 seconds for them to turn their heads (codgers are annoyingly slow - like Welshmen but without the sheep) then run off the edge while they're distracted.

You need to grit your teeth and take a solid 20 or it's all for naught.

Good luck;)

PS if you bump into Jochen, the rollerblading German butt-sniper give him my regards. I left him at the top of the North trail but he may have made his way back down to Phantom ranch to solicit some new blood by now.:o
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

i ll be there in march, i don t know which days exactely. i ll stay there for 5 days i think. how high are the good ridges...?
and if i jump from a helicopter, is it allowed to land there???

--------------------------------------------------
The tongue is NOT only a tool for speech!