Swoopgoddars

swooping and base

I have just started swooping and i love the ground rush of turning my canopy in close to the ground. I got thinking that this is what base jumping feels like so now I wanna do my first base.

A friend of mine told me about a really safe site locally in the middle of nowhere and ive got myself a rig and im off tonight!

The problem is the rig my friend has given me has two canopies in like a normal skydiving rig, but his has only one and is obviously specific for this sport. Will i be ok with the rig hes giving me?

Any advice?

Give a man a fish and he will feed himself for one day. Give him a swoop pond and he will feed himself forever.

You'll be fine mate - most of us here did our 1st jumps just like that.... However, I would recommend that you have all your finances etc in order, flush your stash down the toilet and give your mum a call.

Have fun! I'm sure we'll hear all about it, 10 forums up.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Hey number 1, V2

swoopgoddars here - would have thought someone like you would have given me more tips as by your profile you seem quite experienced. Im very concerned about the rig or whether im likely to break my leg..

any advice?

Give a man a fish and he will feed himself for one day. Give him a swoop pond and he will feed himself forever.

ill give you a advise.

dont do it,you will probaly ruin the object as you bounce in or injuryes your self...

yup what i said.Sounds like a really stupied idea,or a Troll.....

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

maybe the rig is a sorcerer ??

still not a reason to jump inconsiderately...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

could be,but jumping his first jump alone aint smart...

besides i considder the Sorcer as a bad option to a newbie,the small canopyes are fast in a BASE envioment(speaks from a lesson i got myself).

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

.....would have thought someone like you would have given me more tips..... ......any advice?

Sorry if I was remiss with my lack of guidance... You should also tidy up under your bridge, check that the goats are on holiday, and wear your cleanest underpants. Hope that helps.

:P
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

hey dudes!

i'm buzzing! on top of the world!
had a bit of an incident on opening, but got away with it, so it's all good. we got chased by a security guard (that was half the fun!), so don't think i'll be back there for a while. i've been talking to my mate about another site which he says is a lot safer as a lot of other jumpers use it, and we are gonna go next week.

can't wait
3-2-1 cya!

i'm a bit confused by your post - are you being sarcastic?
just got back from my first jump last night, it was awesome.
i think the best bit was getting chased by the security guard!
this is definitely the sport for me.
any advice?

3-2-1 cya!

i call the TROLL

oh there you are,your ugly as F#¤%

Stay safe
Stefan Faber