rsibbald

Legal 'A's?

Please forgive the naive skydiver question :P

I'm aware of many legal BS and E sites, but I haven't heard of a legal A anywhere? Does this mean it is currently impossible to get a BASE number without *bending* the law?

I'm not asking for a named site, just interested if legal 'A's exist and how abundant they are.

Legal A's are very rare in the US. There are a few "grey area" A's overseas, where the local people don't mind, but it's not strictly legal.

If you were hard put, you could probably count the Moscow and KL events as A's to get your number, but you'd have to ask Rick what he thought of that.

However, stay tuned, as I know of two separate groups of people currently working on setting up legal A "BASE DZ's" so I'd guess that you'll see that within the next several years.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cheers Tom, sounds interesting, hopefully one will appear in the UK soon!

.... just need someone to win the lottery ;)

Legal Antennae are the shooting stars of BASE objects. The are most often available when someone arranges a legitimate film shoot and everybody in the neighborhood gets invited.

It's funny it went from legal cliffs to legal bridges here in the USA. I'd always thought antennas would be first as it's the easiest way for someone to actually own a real jumpable object . . .

Nick :)BASE 194

Legal Antennae

I think Legal Antennae would be a good band name... :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'd always thought antennas would be first as it's the easiest way for someone to actually own a real jumpable object . . .

the problem is that most BASE jumpers spend all their mony on gear,trips and partyes which means no mony to buy land and an A,plus beeing abel to maintain such...

guess if sponsors ever would show up,it might work:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Its been discussed before, but it is more like property management. If you sell or rent spots on the A to companies that use it, then you could make money off of it and jump it.
...FUN FOR ALL!