skyjules

new to sport

I started skydiving because I was told if I wanted to base jump that it would be a good idea to get a couple hundred jumps first. Now that I have my solo and i'm working on my A, i'm not doing as much belly flying anymore. I'm experimenting with freeflying, don't get me wrong - I love it.

What i'm wondering is if it's going to affect my base intent. Do you think I should do alot of belly flying or does it matter?

***Free bird Forever

I think you should quit altogther before you start high-fiving and wearing pink neon.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Do you mean quit freeflying altogether?

I was just thinking, do you think it would be a good idea to fing a helicopter in my area, to practice stable exits?

***Free bird Forever

hey
a good place to start is read this:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=64

then maybe run this search:
search the BASE Zone for 'starting BASE'

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_22&search_type=AND&search_string=starting+BASE

do the same for:
'learning BASE'
'first time'
'newbie'
etc.

there's tons of info there

check out BLINC:
www.blincmagazine.com

find the experienced local BASE jumpers and talk to them

that'll give you a good idea of what to do with a few hundred skydives

happy reading! ;)

soon to be gone

You forgot to include one very important URL for all of us BASE jumpers to read. The BASE Fatalities URL.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

dude
thanks
but I did not forget, it's in Tom's 'Getting started' article....

eh!

:P:P:P

edited to add: Tom, you might want to update the URL in your article, it's still the juliabell one (which has a working redirect, but might as well be the new one, right?)

soon to be gone

Skydiving, any kind of skydiving, will serve the most important aspect of getting ready for BASE, and that’s raising your awareness level from “walkingbeing” to “flyingbeing”.

And it's why we (usually) don't hear first time BASE jumpers exclaim, "Man, that was all a big blur, and I had trouble breathing."

Freak flying can be as beneficial as RW as you are learning to fire the synapses in your brain that control your body in the air. I had over 700 skydives when I launched my first BASE jump, and I found it a brand new skill, but at least that first BASE jump wasn’t a blur, and I breathed just fine . . .

By the way, your chosen skydiving discipline already had a cool name, why’d you change it?

Nick :)BASE 194

if you can freefly you should be abel to bellyfly aswell;)

the helicopter sounds like a fun thing,sure give it a go,but you will need it more as your really are close to take up BASE.

My advise will be that you should enjoy skydiving,learn as much as you can,then one day when you feel ready you will be.Dont take the skydives as a bad thing actualy they can be fun(if i rember correct:D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I've already read up on the beginnings of base. Yes, including the fatality site. Thanks for the info though.

***Free bird Forever