wandrer

formal training poll

Did you formal training for B.A.S.E ?

if you didn't how did you learn ?

Do you think its a good idea for base training to become regulated like skydiving ?
Without Adventure What Is Life?????

Did you formal training for B.A.S.E ?)
No formal training was not avalible when I started in 93

(if you didn't how did you learn ?)
by the seat of my pants and asking a lot of questions

Do you think its a good idea for base training to become regulated like skydiving ?

Yes it would be a good idea but will be extremely difficult to make happen. Ever heard the expression herding cats?

all that I have talked to, dont want BASE to be regulated. If it was, then the govt could tell you when where how, everything... the fines could go up, more jail time if you did it "illegally" we don't need big brother over our shoulders. This CYA (cover your ass) society sucks ass.. People need to take responsiblity for their actions...

off topic
PS. MC donalds dosent make you fat... eating and not exercising does.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I agree with you. what I was referring to was standardizing teaching standards. Not regulations. I guess I could have been more clear

ok, gotcha, no harm no foul..
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

No. I learned the old-fashioned way... through a mentor (thanks for being a great teacher and friend 460).

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

^^

The old fashion way is with no mentor. In place of your mentor is a packing video :)