skoty

Paraavis gear

Do you people have any experience with the Paraavis base gear [athmosphere/hacker]? :S
Is it reliable, do you recomend it, does somebody jump it..........?

btw:www.paraavis.com

I've seen the atomosphere container during the BASE Cup in Malaysia. A very nice container with open corners.

I'd definately get one! Very sexy!!B|
www.motavi.com

any who jumps it who wants to tell about it?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Atmosphere is very good container:)It is good for assistance jumps and for low object jumps (less than 100 meters high).
It is easy to pack...
Harness is very comfortable. A lot of options available.
Finelly it looks very nice.
I've used it more than 40 times. I think, my second rig will be Atmosphere too.
You can find more info on http://www.paraavis.com/parachutes/rigs/atmosphere/
unfortunatelly it's in russian only. But where are many photos whith shows all the options and details.
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

im specialy interested in how it works in the sub 300ft class.
How low have you freefalled it,and how low has you done a PCA/SL jump whith it?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

We have just one all-time-legal object in our town. It is very simple antenna 100 meters high. I usually make 1 or 1,5 or 2 second delay there. Atmosphere works good but I don't close the top flap on such jumps (like on the my picture in this forum). After 2 second there I can't say that it was extremely low. It's normal. I always pull the pins half way out preparing my gear to the jump.
I've never jump with PC located in the BOC from that object. I use 42' AV CR PC.

I've seen the gear in the Paraavis factory in Moscow and I was very impressed with the quality. It also looks great!

I'm expecting my Hacker/Atmosphere in February and I'll post my comments as soon as I jumped it...

Ordered one of their direct bag systems as well!

Joris.

How low have you freefalled it,and how low has you done a PCA/SL jump whith it?

Does it mean -- "Pilot Chute Assist"?:S
The lowest jump with Atmosphere & Hacker was made in Krimea (Black Sea cost) by Vovka Shilin and some over guy. It was cliff 55 meters high with water landing area under it. The fotos of that jump you can find on ParaAAvis web-site. The gaer performance was good.
Atmosphere was tested in high speed freefall, in wingsuit flying, in acrobatic jumps.
Vovka Shilin used Atmosphere & Hacker in Malasya this year. I think all the people who jump there on the Cup saw it.:)I used Atmosphere on the krane 80 meter high. I made short delay with the 46 PC in my hand. Atmosphere worked normal.

About Atmosphere: I'm not afraid about it. I always check it before jump. I can afraid about my PC, my canopy, myself -- "How it will work in that conditions?"... but I know that my container will be normal.B|

Does it mean -- "Pilot Chute Assist"?

Yes it does.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

thanxs for your opinion

I am thinking about Athmosphere/ACE combination.
I cannot get reliable info about the Hacker canopy
Any sugestions?

I cannot get reliable info about the Hacker canopy

I think the info about Hacker is not complete now because it is new product of Paraavis. May be some jumpers who interested in gear question had his opinion about it after BASE Cup in Malasya.
I know just the technical info:)

I jumped Atmosphere in Ukraine from span.
53 meters above the hard ground.
Do nothing about special preparation (undone some flaps, ets), just open riser covers.
PCA, 3 seconds from opening to landing.
All OK :)
Lexa

which kind of canopy did you use?
when i freefall 55m/180ft i have between 2 and 4 sec canopy ride.On a SL jump from 43m/141ft i had 4-5 sec under canopy.
thouse times are from the videos that has captured.

i flies a fox 265 vtec(no valves).weighs 80kg(sorry cant rember the form to calculate it to lbs) whith out gear,in a Vertex harness(thanks Tom:ph34r::D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Its all about from what time calculate canopy ride:)
I calculate it from full stop, when you complitly stabilaced.
I use CR Ace 260, my wight 65
Lexa

OK, here we go!

Picked up my Hacker/Atmosphere at the DZ on Monday morning. Some Russian skydivers were so kind to bring it to Spain for me. Also got the ParaAvis direct bag system which 2 of my friends and me purchased together. More about that later...

Brought my brand new gear to work and hung the canopy up and made a thorough inspection. I had some people who know about canopies (ICARUS engineers) look at it. Simply put: Impressive!

The construction of the canopy is very strong. Split tapes on the A-lines, which makes the bartack longer and therefore stronger. All line attachment tapes and reinforcement tapes 1". That was a judgement by the eye, will post if I was wrong (...when is the world going metric!!!)! Vents, covers, ribs, top/bottom skin, PCs etc. all very well made.

The rig, as said before in this forum, looks great with a lot of options. Hiprings, lateral straps that run towards the middle of the backpad for comfort (like Javelin Odysee), dynamic corners, bridle protection flaps, thick padding in the legstraps and in the backpad, pockets on the legstraps, cut-away handle nicely worked away inside the harness webbing etc. etc...

...and then it was last night (Thursday 11PM CET), time to jump! Went back to a nice crane we found recently (+/- 80 mtrs. or 260 ft.) and made something between a Go & Throw and 1 sec. I jumped with a 47" vented PC (ParaAvis´ has a PC that says 1200mm which is about 47"). Winds up the crane pretty strong, on the street easy winds. Landing area is not big, but ok. It is located between some flat buildings and some small trees.

Opening: I had never jumped a vented canopy before! The opening was sweet, perfectly on heading and faster than I was used to on such a short delay. The canopy had a tiny bit of forward speed just after inflation (I used the lower brake setting!). The canopy pressurized quickly and the first imput I made (90 right on the toggle) seemed to be very light and totally on the spot.

Flight: My Hacker is 265sq.ft., we had head wind and I was S-turning a little bit. It felt calm and stable. I will tell more after I have some more canopy time.

Landing: I made a stand-up landing on the pavement but it was a bit hard. The wind was easy but a weird due to all the objects around. Due to the S-turning I might not have had full flight to create a powerfull flare, but I realized what conditions we were jumping in. I should be able to get a better feel for the flare when we will go for a bridge coming weekend with a DZ-like landing area underneath.

Ok guys, that´s all for now.

C-ya,

Joris.
ICARUS Canopies Europe
c/ Valles s/n, El Ramassar
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN

What kind of prices are we looking at for these rigs??
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Vents AND valves!

Joris
ICARUS Canopies Europe
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN

You are from Catalan. Do you jump in Empuria? I'll be there in March for one week. It should be fine to see your container.

Fido

Congratulations, Joris!
Glad to read your opinion:)
About price: it was slightly changed, but it's possible to get a discount by dealers.

You are from Catalan. Do you jump in Empuria? I'll be there in March for one week. It should be fine to see your container.

Well, I´m actually from Holland, but I live in Catalunya. Icarus Canopies (my employer) is based near Barcelona.

Let me know when you will be around exactly and we´ll meet up.

Joris.
ICARUS Canopies Europe
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN

Some more feedback...

After a great weekend out there BASE trippin´ I managed to get 4 jumps in on my new ParaAvis gear.

2x 2-3 sec. bridge jumps
1x 4-5 sec. slider up crane jump
1x G&T bridge jump

Openings: Just great! All on heading openings with very fast pressurization. I was especially impressed with the slider up opening I had after 4-5 sec. Some of the videos that were made show the difference with my friends´ non-vented canopies on the 2-ways we did. On 1 of the bridge jumps and on the slider up crane jump I used the lower brake setting and on the other 2 jumps the higher (or deeper) one. I didn´t feel that much of a difference to be honest. Just after inflation the canopy seems to hold on to its spot pretty well in both cases till I got the toggles of. Maybe I would notice with some more BASE canopy ´opening experience´... The Atmosphere rig fits me like a glove and feels like I´m not wearing it at all!

Flights: The Hacker canopy steers remarkably light and responds quickly after opening since it´s fully pressurized immediately. It flies very stable, even in light turbulence which we experienced on our last jump.

I have to get used to the size though (265). I only jumped a canopy about this size once, my other jumps were with a 225 and 245. I´m not that heavy so I can make my last turn later or set up earlier so that I won´t overshoot my target. No big deal though, just have to get used to it...

Landings: With a straight in approach and not using any brakes I managed to get a powerful flare out of the canopy. It might be a characteristic though of vented canopies to have less flare than non-vented, because I do believe I got more flare out of non-vented canopies on previous jumps. On one of the jumps I sank it in (with some head wind) and that was the sweetest landing of all. I will just have to do a bunch of landings to really get the feel for the Hacker.

General impression: Thumbs up
Me: :)
c-ya,

Joris
ICARUS Canopies Europe
08520 Las Franquesas
Barcelona, SPAIN