base570

Just wanted to congratulate BASE 652 for reaching his goal a few weeks ago... 1,000 BASE jumps is impressive, no doubt.(even if most are from the same object) ;)
As soon as this wind dies down we'll go and add a few more to your total. Hmm let's see should it be the "B" or that new short "A" or just those darn 2000 footers again?? Decisions... Decisions.

Jason M.
BASE 570

Nice work!

;)

............. just curious but what sort of object count is this with..........???

Congrats 652!
Hope to see ya at an exit point soon!

TJ
base704
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Is this in fact the same guy tha the poster TREE mentioned on Blinc?

Does he have any kind of jumps from than perrine?

I was ther and seen his packing. He said he is doing
a GAP proceure. What is this?

Is he having any jumping experience befoe now?

He seems sort of old for being base jumping, maybe
he is not too curent ?

Not to be bashing, but jus want to know

jm

Hello --

I know #652 quite well. He is a great guy and I'm excited that he reached #1000. Congrats my friend!

Why yes he does. I know of many different objects.

I was ther and seen his packing. He said he is doing a GAP proceure. What is this?

GAP = Gravity Assisted Packing. I laughed when #652 told me about this. It's a term that he's playfully given a standing pro pack job. He simply performs a very neat standing pro-pack, lays it down, and then cacoons it for the container. Basically he avoids the re-dressing of the canopy once it is on the ground. As long as some basic concepts are adhered to, it's a quite acceptable pack job for a forgiving bridge.

Is he having any jumping experience befoe now?

He's got over a thousand BASE jumps. ;)

He's also been skydiving for a very long time.

He seems sort of old for being base jumping, maybe he is not too curent ?

Actually, he's probably one of the most current bridge jumpers in the world.

For those of you who don't know #652, he's a very humble person. He doesn't strut around claiming his jump numbers, nor does he claim that he knows a lot. He's a very nice guy who simply enjoys hucking himself off a bridge. And yes, he does venture out to throw himself off other objects as well.

He thinks things through. He evaluates everything. All in all, a pretty darn good jumper in my book.

To sum it up, I'll quote something that #652 himself said to me earlier this year.

With a grin on his face, he said, "You know Bryan....4 a day. Just like Vitamins."

:)
Congratulations #652 and best wishes for another 1,000 smiles...

Bryan

first of all,i dont think its a nice thing of you to call your self BASE2010,i know it aint reached and it probaly dont get while im alive,but i think its a disrespect to Rick & Joy.

that said...

as your a "BASE# holder" you qwould know that you need to jump off all 4 kind of objects to get your #,your sure you know what the 4 different objets are??
yes he must have jumped off other things to get his #...

He seems sort of old for being base jumping, maybe
he is not too curent ?

alot of people are OLD in this sport,atleast aslong they are older than me:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

With a grin on his face, he said, "You know Bryan....4 a day. Just like Vitamins."

Plus he was climbing out after at least two of those every day (starting damn early in the day). :)
Congratulations Tom.

Will

To further add, when he's home, I like to call him at the last moment for a midnight climb, knowing he went to the gym earlier that evening and worked out, just to hear his response. And it's never one of "no, I'm too tired and old". It's more like "Okay, where and when". Always up for somethng new.

The man put me off my first tower, (well, more like pushed), and we have climbed many more together.

To attest to his humbleness, it wasn't until a few more responses on this subject and his first name being thrown out that I realized who you all were talking about. I didn't even know he had a BASE number. What was it? 652 or something?

With respect
Rod