outrager

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Utah + Drugs + State Patrol = not good - don't know about nevada tho ;-)

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Yeah, this totally sucks. Rob doesn't do drugs, in fact, and gets caught "not" doing them. I talked to him a couple days ago up in SF where he's staying. What the fuck! It's good to have him around but the reason he's stuck here is lame.

How much did that rental car wreak? That's tough to imagine but it sure wasn't Rob that made it that way.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Maybe he should consult a lawyer and try to recoup if indeed he doesn't do drugs. His piss test should've come back negative...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

This story makes me more angry than I've been in a long time. If he doesn't get legal help, I wonder if we could get people on here to start a fund for him. I usually hate charity, donations, etc, but I would easily donate $20 at the very least to this guy after reading this story. That might sounds sting, but there are a LOT of people on these forums and if they all sent $20 (which is next to nothing) this guy's problems (the monetary ones at least) would be solved.

However if I were him I'd sue the fuck out of everyone. It's not just a monetary injustice that's been done to him.

It doesn't take 8 days to get the results of a piss test either! I'm wondering wtf was going through the cop's head who thought it justified to arrest someone based on the smell of a car that was obviously a rental, and how they can keep him for 8 days. I dunno, either something is seriously missing from this story or that dumb cop was the KING of dumb cops and deserves to be seriously reprimanded, i.e. have his shit ruined.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

[QUOTE]It doesn't take 8 days to get the results of a piss test either![/QUOTE]
thats true, cops have field tests that take less than 30 seconds to get results. At least for the six major things they field test for.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Well, it doesn't help that Nevada and Utah are "no-tolerance" states, which pretty much means that the US Constitution is suspended in order to make the "war on drugs" more effective. Interesting that in Nevada, (LV), you can walk down the LV strip with an open beer, hire a legal prostitute, and gamble 24 hours a day statewide, but the smell of weed and suspicion is enough justification to throw someone in the pokey for 8 days, and cost them thousands of dollars...

Sorry about your experience in the States,
P
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Nevada was supposed to be one of the states where the tide was turning. They supposedly changed the pot laws there 180 degrees from where they were. Doesn't quite seem that way thoughB|

Link1

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4550

I heard something about Nevada standing up to the Federal man, and telling him to f-off. They were talking about making a little Amsterdam in some crappy town, where you could buy and possess up to 0.5 oz, but I think that money and boredom won in this case...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime