leroydb

Multi link dbag...

I know this is a skydiving question , but I need a base jumpers experiance to guide me here....

Idea:

Been thinking... I know that's dangerous (me thinking)...

Could you make a multiple point attachment d-bag for bird man jumps? I have seen it used on base canopies, why not a d-bag?
I am sure someone has probally already thought of this but I am curious to why is a multi -point d-bad used? What could be the pro/con of it? Would it cause more harm than good or vice versa?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I believe the Multiple Bridle Attachment (multi) was intended to:

a) reduce center cell strip

Center cell strip is caused by the extraction force "ripping" the center cell out of the freepacked canopy before (or while) the rest of the canopy is extracted from the container. This problem does not occur on canopies packed in bags, since the bag keeps the canopy contained, along with it's center cell.

b) reduce tail slump

The weight of the lines in the tail pocket causes the tail of the freepacked BASE canopy to "slump" during extraction. This can lead to tail inversion. It also makes the pack job assymetric during inflation. A canopy packed in a bag does not have any additional weight on the tail (because the lines are on the outside of the bag), and holds the tail in place until line stretch anyway.

Neither of the two problems that the multi is intended to address occur on bagged canopies. What advantages do you see for using a multi with a deployment bag system?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

If you are planning to pack a multi' into a d-bag, then use a number 8 grommet at the top of the bag, like we used to do back in the days of Para-Commanders.
On the other hand, I do not see the point of using both a d-bag and a multi-bridle.

I think he's talking about a multi-point attachment to the bag itself, thinking it might help with line twists or something like that.

yes...i see the point...
If you have done bird with velo, there is a small problem about opening.
velo opens slowly itself...and if you have SK3 or something which slows down your speed...it open VERY slow.
Email me if try it and it works...i`m interested??!!!
[email protected]

Every looked at a Racer freebag? It has a triangular solid fabric attachment to minimize potential twists during extraction.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Every looked at a Racer freebag

I try to avoid it as much as possible ;)

The bridal on a Talon is much like the one pictured in the attached. The bridal is sewn over onto an extra peice of fabric , creating a triangle similar to what's described in 460's post. I'll draw a crummy picture and post it...
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto