outrager

Ethics of Lichtle and DiCola ?

This is a good example of the feelings of BASE jumpers about site naming (and some other things).

I'd highly recommend that any BASE-curious folks here wander over and have a look.

I'd especially recommend it to Americans who are considering overseas BASE expeditions. We (Americans) have a pretty bad reputation in the international BASE community. While most non-Americans are too tactful to make a public complaint, we really do need to be more considerate when playing in other people's back yards.

I've heard several complaints about American BASE jumper's conduct abroad this year. Just because this is the only incident being discussed on the internet doesn't mean that it's the only incident hurting our reputations (and hence our ability to meet and jump with non-Americans on their home turf).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've heard several complaints about American BASE jumper's conduct abroad this year. Just because this is the only incident being discussed on the internet doesn't mean that it's the only incident hurting our reputations (and hence our ability to meet and jump with non-Americans on their home turf).

I know you aren't going to believe this, Tom, but I heard that a couple of out-of-shape Americans went to Europe this year, ate mushrooms, sat in their car in the rain, jumped a B, drove to another country, saw a flaming tower, and finished the night by flopping off a weird crane-thing just before dawn.

Seems unlikely, I'll admit - who would do such things? Nonetheless, this is JUST the type of behavior that gives Americans such a bad rap. That, and buying one-way tickets on trams where getting down any other way is "impossible!" B|B|

Peace and happy holidays to all!

D-dog
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

saw a flaming tower

I am JEEEEEEZUS!

(By the way, did they ever find the obvious exit point?)

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I know, Americans don't have a good rep out there, and I haven't been out there since I've been a skydiver... (19 months...) But people like me, even when they find out I am American, because I respent them and where they live, and by the time I leave, they love the American that they just met. It's all about simple respect- here, overseas, or at the local DZ...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

I know, Americans don't have a good rep out there, and I haven't been out there since I've been a skydiver... (19 months...) But people like me, even when they find out I am American

It work both ways,i hope.I like you guys becours that you are the ones you are,and hopfuly that goes the other way round.
I do belive that the only real problem americans have(away from US)are muslims.But thats a another storry!
Tread people the way you want them to tread you..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I know you aren't going to believe this, Tom, but I heard that a couple of out-of-shape Americans went to Europe this year, ate mushrooms, sat in their car in the rain, jumped a B, drove to another country, saw a flaming tower, and finished the night by flopping off a weird crane-thing just before dawn.

Seems unlikely, I'll admit - who would do such things? Nonetheless, this is JUST the type of behavior that gives Americans such a bad rap. That, and buying one-way tickets on trams where getting down any other way is "impossible!" B|B|

Peace and happy holidays to all!

D-dog
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com

Where to start. And how to phrase it nicely......

Why don't you stop bragging about things that ARE NOT supposed to be shared in public?
Do you think you are helping American's image in general with your ever so subtle "Tales of Triumph"?
Peace,
Thomas

Why don't you stop bragging about things that ARE NOT supposed to be shared in public?
Do you think you are helping American's image in general with your ever so subtle "Tales of Triumph"?
Peace,
Thomas

...."Who's that walking over myyyee bridge?".....
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Awwwww, poor Tommy boy. Not getting enough attention lately? Such a shame - someday, someone should surgically implant a sense of humor in you.

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.