CrazyThomas

Packing Times?

maybe we could discuss packing times, I read above a logical concern about packing for specific jumps. This is well founded, and well thought up concern.
I ask this:
How long should a BASE jumping pack job take? On my black death objects, a good, clean pack job will take darn near one hour. When I am unconcerned about opening headings, it may take somewhere around 10 mintues, Does anyone have thoughts on how long a "good" pack job should take?
I feel it depends on slider up/slider down issue. Slider down is definitely longer.
food for thought
Peace,
Thomas

A BASE pack job should take as long as is necessary to make you feel comfortable with it on your back.

If that means you take three days, tear it apart six times, and re-pack it repeatedly, then that is what you should do.

There is never a good reason to take a substandard pack job off an object. Anyone who tells you differently is wrong. Never let anyone push you into packing faster, or fool you into thinking that better jumpers pack faster.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Never let anyone push you into packing faster, or fool you into thinking that better jumpers pack faster.

That goes both ways, BASE and Skydiving! wise words Tom.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

i normaly use 45minutes or more.But yes,if im not totaly happy on the job,ill repack,even if its just in my mind..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Unless I'm mistaken, Thomas, you don't even own a BASE rig. Spend too much time cluttering this place up with your words to actually jump?

All words and no action. . .

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

I'm sorry. I just edited this post so that it was more polite.
All I can say, is please don't get me started Delusional.
Leave me alone. I left you alone on the BASE board, wasn't that enough for you?
Peace,
Thomas