AND1

bridle length

hi all i no i have another thread ongoing about PC size but i have been of work today so spent all day on the dropzone.com,right my dilemma that i have is this,i have took delivery of a brand new javelin beginning of July and did not get any of the wingsuit mods as i had a second rig and was going to do all the mods to that rig but i have got rid of it now so I'm now in the process of converting my new javelin so after spending all day on the Internet there seems to be major conflicting advice on there two problems i have

1,i no we should have a bridle length of 9' but is it 9' from the pin to the PC or 9' from d-bag to PC as sunpath do 2 sizes and according to Chris these measurement's are complete bridle length 112" and 129"
2,PC size whats best to get as sunpath do 3 sizes 28"-33"-35"
the canopy I'm jumping is a pd spectre 97 and I'm skinny twat at 138lbs fully kitted up with a wing loading of 1.4.im just trying to get the right advice as I'm living in the UK and it can be a MAJOR costly mess up if i order the wrong ones

Measurement of bridle is pin to PC.

For that small of a canopy, I would suggest the 28" PC.

It is not hard to have the bridle extended. Any decent rigger can do it. I had one done to a newish PC and it cost me only $30. Much cheaper than a whole new PC.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Im also from the UK, and I have just ordered a new bridle and PC due to (a) old PC, (b) new wingsuit.

First off, I got my rigger to build me a PC and bridle, this is cheaper than going to a manufacturer, so just a suggestion if you want to save money. I've been using my rigger for years, so I am happy with his standard of work.

I fly a Spectre-120 loaded at around 1.4 / 1.5

What I ordered: 28" PC with plastic tube handle, with kill line on 9' bridle measured from pin (yellow teflon cable) to PC attachment point.

The reasoning for my choice of the 28" is that I feel that sufficient drag (c.160lbs of force @ terminal with clean airflow) compared to bigger PCs (32" approx 210lbs force ), for the type of suit I fly (R-Bird). FWIW, 28" PC is what is advised for my canopy as standard.

I am only getting the bigger bridle and new PC (mine is phuqked) as I am going from a T-Bird to R-Bird, and I was completely happy with my set up (phucked PC and 7' Bridle) with the T-Bird, (for info, I pull in full flight), but not so happy when flying an R and an S. Again, information given, as I think this is part of the consideration on what bridle and PC you will require.

S-Bird Deployment with Phuqked PC and 7' Bridle
https://vimeo.com/51864381

I can see why you got a new pc, I'm just stuck on which size pc to get weather I get a 28" or 33" I have been told a 33"will be better suited for my 97 spectre and my weight but after reading your thread now I'm not sure now decision s decisions

Ignore my figures on PC drag, I have since referenced another source of calculation, and it would seem my original source calcs maybe incorrect.

Thanks to the chap who pulled me up on those figures to look further into it.....

Just got my new wings container that was ordered with wingsuit bridle. It measures 7' 4" from pin to pilotchute attach piont & 8' 9" to deployment pud. Not sure if they have given me right bridle, but on my PF shadow probaly not a issue.

Sounds like they have gave you a standard one as the one I have just ordered from sunpath is 129" over all length and 111" (9' 3") from pin to pc