SteveSearle

Which DZ for wingsuit holiday

Hi All

Not sure if this thread is in the right place but it’s kind of wingsuit specific.

I’m looking to head out to the US of A for a week to 10 days in the next couple of months Feb / March (ish) to specifically work on developing my wingsuit skills.

I’m looking for a recommendation for a safe DZ where:-

• I can fly with other wingsuitors and develop my flying.
• Preferably where I can camp on site or that has very cheap accommodation,
• Somewhere were I can have a beer and some company in the evening.
• Good weather.

I will most probably be travelling alone so it would nice to have others to jump with and not to be on my own in the evenings, however there is a slim possibility my non jumping wife may tag along so something local to entertain her during the day would be handy.

I’ve got approximately 50 current WS jumps in an S-Fly Expert (I’m still a newbie) , only ever exited a Porter so I don’t think I’m ready for Flock ‘n’ Dock 8 just yet, I’m not looking to get into a bigger suit or anything, I just want some fun SAFE flying.

I’m happy to do a bit of flat and FF to and I’ve always wanted to jump a Sky van but these aren’t essential.

Any recommendations on DZ’s, dates and any other information would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Check out Z Hills or Elsinore. Either would be a good option, though if you're coming from the UK, whic at a random guess I think you are, Z Hills will be better for journey time.

Also, Florida has tons of wife friendly stuff to do all within an hour of the DZ :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Elsinore has LA within 30 mins of the DZ, beach, and tons of shopping malls too. Plus mountains, vineyards/winery's, and Avalon Island.

We're just going into our "great" season. not too hot, not cold, almost always great weather.

Plus demo suits from every manufacturer out there (well, we're not up to date on Tony's stuff, but otherwise...)

You can't go wrong with either Zhills or Elsinore.

There's a bunkhouse at Elsinore that's super cheap (like $7/night I think?) and you can camp at either dz.
Both are very friendly and you should have no problem finding people to hang out with. Zhills has a bar, which is a plus.

Also, I wouldn't rule out Flock N Dock...I had less wingsuit jumps than you do at the last one, and I found it to be a great experience and learned a lot. I avoided the bigger and more challenging jumps, but there were people there willing to organize small groups to work on basic flying. You just have to use your judgement and know your limits.