Buried

Balloon Wingsuit

Believe it or not my next appalling aerial hackjob was going to be a tailwing for the Hardcase made of soft floppy freefly pants...
A balloon wingsuit. Sorta.
I put another testflight on another revision of the now somewhat-dated zipon godzilla wings today... singleskin from trailing edge of stock S-6 wing to ankle-ish or thereabouts. Very touchy getting the tension right, but it delivered about 3:15 from 13.2-2.8... nothing revolutionary but its a bit closer to a flockable megasuit.
Is that balloon enough for ya?
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

So, what, you're talking basically an 80's, 70's style balloon RW suit with wingsuit wings on it?
That'd actually be pretty doable, but all the floppiness and parasitic drag is going to trash your forward speed. It'd never be a "smooth" flying experience. Like I said, I had in mind building another modular bolt-on tailwing for the Case that'd resemble half a balloon suit with a tailwing, but the "balloon" effect would be confined to a little slack in the legsleeves that'd be gently tensioned in flight. If it flaps, its slowing you down.
Unless you mean something with actually sealed balloons in it for rigidity? Joke?
-B

Hey, stop teasing the Lurch with ideas that might, almost, possibly work if they were only slightly different. It's kinda like asking an old-fashioned calculating machine to compute the square root of minus one - it will keep trying until it burns itself out. But then again, the Hard Case DID fly...:S

psst...rick.... you're cramping my style, man. He was trying to tax my gig and I was setting him up for the smackdown, make him a suit out of one of those inflatable stand-up boxing balloon things with sand in the base. Then he can spend the whole skydive punching his clown and not even void the warranty. Now my timing is all off.
Lurch: dividing by zero whenever I damn well feel like it.
-B