smiler

Wingin' It updates (UK)

Some of this info is already on here in different posts, but here is the newsletter that I just emailed to my mailing list. If you want to join it to keep updated of events then just pop me a line at [email protected] and I'll add you...

Dear all,

Easter

The season got off to a great start at Nethers with the Easter Phoenix Fly Skyvan Boogie. I taught first flight courses to 14 people while James from Phoenix Fly organised the experienced flockers and got some great footage from a variety of cameras, including belly mount and "rhino-cam" - a 50cm piece of metal that sticks out from the top of his head! The photos will be up on the website as soon as I get time to re-size them, and James has made a great edit of the video footage which you can see at http://www.phoenix-fly.com/videogallery.htm Also, photos from the event are now on the front page of the Phoenix Fly website - we're famous!

We also smashed the Netheravon flocking record when 10 of us went up together, but I know we can do even better than this as some of you weren't at the event. The diary date is 21st-23rd September for a huge wingsuit weekend with BirdMan Chief Instructor Rolf Brombach bringing his European Tour to Nethers so get practising now to go even bigger and better...

More diary dates

The next organised Wingin' It weekend is on 9-10 June at Netheravon, then there'll be one more in July before the big one in September. I'll arrange more dates for October onwards closer to the time. However, after gaining his Phoenix Fly Instructor rating over Easter, Mike Ehlas has now joined the Wingin' It team. So if you want to hire a suit any weekend at Nethers then just ask either one of us, it doesn't have to be only on the official Wingin' It weekends.

Wingin' It Demo Programme

The fleet of suits is growing... I now have 6, soon to be 7 and then hopefully 9 by mid-summer. For £7 per jump you can take your pick from 2 Prodigies, 2 Classics, an Acro and a V1. The next suit will be a third Prodigy so I can take 3 students at a time through a First Flight Course (instead of the current 2) and other suits in the pipeline are hopefully an S-Fly Expert and a demo Z-Wing from Tony Suits.

Website

I get a little map from Google Analytics with dots to tell me where people have visited from and it's now had hits from all over Europe, America, New Zealand, Australia, Dubai and South Africa. I still need dots from South America, India and Russia so if anyone's going there then you can help me in my quest for world domination...?! The website has been updated with details of everything above and more, so keep checking www.wingin-it.co.uk as I tend to put more stuff up there most weeks. Thanks again to Dave Pratt for helping a technophobe like me get it all up and running.

Anyway, hope to see many of you on 9-10 June,

Liz

www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school