mbondvegas

Foretrex 201 Help

I'm sure that I am just overlooking the obvious...but I need some basic help on using the Fortrex 201. I had a Forerunner 301 and used it for my tracking jumps in the past and it was quite 'intuitive' to use (i.e. press start to start before jumping and press start to stop when I land; reset and repeat each jump; get home and download each dive)

I have been to tracking derby and used their instructions to set the read time to every second on my new Foretrex.

But...how do I start and stop the foretrex for each jump. Can you record multiple dives before downloading?

I'm sure that I am being really dense here...but your help is appreciated.[:/]
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I use also 201 in Trackin Derby. Just switch on the GPS 2 minutes before the exit and don´t worry about starting of recording. After landing switch GPS of before walking to the packingarea. Easy. Tracking Derby agent-program will recognice the exit and opening.

GPS finds the satellites easier if you open the GPS on the ground for a while before getting in the plane. It can be turned off during the climb.
- No mercy in the flock! Straighten your legs!!! -