arai

saw my first wingsuit today

well I finally got an upclose look at my big skydiving goal. A guy at our dz was flying a beautiful v1. He had on a full face with tinted visor and while he was doing his preflight and pull checks I heard someone jokingly mention "you look like your doing 300mph on the ground!" and no kidding it really did look like he was going to just spread his wings and rocket off into space.

I was in between loads as he jumped and boy is there ever a long time between freefallers and wingsuits. I saw everyone else open up and just kept waiting to try and spot him, I couldnt find him, and after what seemed like forever I even got nervous as I was thinking to myself "surely he should be opening by now?". Well finally I saw the chute open and not only had he taken forever to pull, he was still at around 5,000 when he did as I believe he was getting used to the suit.

So anyway, was pretty happy to complete my pff jumps 1 and 2 and get a chance to see a bird in action in the same day.

Hehe, congrats! I was also one who was highly obsessed with wingsuiting from day one of my skydiving career. When I saw somebody fly a wingsuit for the first time, I noticed that his hands were still shaking after he landed and thought about how much fun he must have been having.

Almost exactly a year later, I made my first wingsuit flight at WFFC and when I landed, my hands were the ones shaking, and then I understood ;)
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving