trigger1

Opinion

Our DZO flies one and says it is one of the best canopies he has ever flown--good openings and good landings either fast or slow. Says it is very respondsive to input--It is a 135---I ahve never flown it because it is bigger than I would like to fly and would be hard to compare it to a smaller canopy that I am used to flying.
It is a Precision canopy and is a copy of the European Nitro

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

;)The best thing that you can do is to test-jump
the Nitro! Do keep in mind that the Nitro is not a beginners canopy, and that your profile does not allow for much of an evaluation of where you should be or what kind of qualifications you have, so it would not do much good to give you a recommendation as to what size you should try out first. I was jumping a 150 sq/ft Nitro @ 265 lbs exit weight with great results, quite safe with great openings and predictable flare. I even tried a 135', but nearly crashed, or actually I did crash, got up and said to myself that I needed more experience.
If you are in Europe, or Poland as a matter of fact, then do get in touch with www.hipercanopies.de and discuss your options.
The Nitro is a great canopy, the "Blade" has even better performance( if not even explosive), and you cannot go wrong with the positive performance that either one of these two canopies will give you for many years to come.
You will find that the narrow margin of the production line in terms of sizes offered, will constrain you to your experience level, but that is exactly what HiPer.de offers: high performance canopies.
Some of the safety aspects of these canopies need further elaboration:
Non-cascaded lines, which provide a better distribution of load forces along the cord of the canopy
The use of Technora non-cascaded lines allows for field re-placement of lines by a rigger or jumper(with proper knowledge) irrespective of symmetry consideration otherwise due to shrinkage of Spectra lines. Your canopy will be in trim, provided you replaced the line with a line of same dimensions!!!
In case of a line breaking, you tend to loose only one attachment point, due to it being non-cascaded!
The winglets provide exceptional directional feedback to the user, and have ( based on feedback from users) enhanced control of crosswind landings.
Note that I am not a canopy guru, but I am biased, because I 've jumped a Nitro, amongst other good products on the market. Some of the negatives to the Nitro and Blade may be that they are constructed of Gelvenor Textiles fabric, which is a good thing, but means that packing volume is somewhat of an issue. On the bright side is the fact that these canopies have proven their good-naturedness in regards to high wingloadings, and I cannot stress the ability of these canopies to resist steep dives or spins in case of line-twists. In my experience the canopy tended to remain on heading and gave me ample time to kick out of any line-twist. Do not let this lull you into a false sense of not having to react to a malfunction. There is no such product on the market that can guarantee no malfunctions. Also, listen to your teachers, peers, and friends carefully, what I mean is, ask a lot of questions before you decide. Test jump a variety of products, and in the end you will get a good understanding of what is out there. If I where to give points, which I am doing right now, then on a scale of One to Ten, the "Nitro"
gets a 9!!! Just remember, there are other "9" 's out there. The "Blade" naturally gets a "10", because it outperforms the Nitro, and in overall evaluation, I think it is a great canopy!!!
Ziggy

We've had several of them come through our shop, and people have been very happy with them. It's a great canopy in the Stiletto class, but without the classic opening problems. It's not quite a twitchy as the Stiletto is, has great opening characteristics and really great flare power with a nice long stroke length.

If you're interested, I suggest you contact Precision and ask for a Demo...it's worth trying!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."