fergs

Sunset Load - Equinox Boogie

Although I only managed the first 4 days of the Equinox Boogie, I had 10 days worth of fun.

Day 2, sunset load had one slot left, so I took it. We took off just as the sun was disappearing behind the horizon and then raced to 14,000. I was beside the pilot and so had a great view of the now-growing susnet all the way up.

Run-in was 270 so we were running straight into it. It was one of those really pretty sunsets, with fingers of cloud across the face of it.

I got out much shorter than usual - and spent the majority of the flight flying my S-3 directly into the sunset.

The sunset seemed to swallow me up into itself.

Wow, what visuals!!

Wow, what a jump!!

After landing I had huge goose-bumps for hours.

Life is good! Spread the love!

fergbird:)

Bobby,

yeah, you missed a great meet - well, it's still going on at the moment. Next 'nox, I'll definately try and make it there for the entire 10 days of the boogie.

Over my 5 days, we made some great flights - little flocks, medium flocks and were building to a new Australian record - which may have been done by now.

We had around 6 to 8 new birdies in each morning class - and everyone made lots of flights.

Awesome!

Is your S-3 back from repair? Maybe we should plan a Picton day soon? Call me.

Blue Skies,

fergs