lifewithoutanet

PISA canopies...

Newbie AFF student through level III, finishing AFF this weekend. An old friend of mine has a Naro container (with Cypress), PISA Tempest 200 main/Tempo 170 reserve that he's looking to sell. Mods are front riser loops and BOC deployment instead of leg-loop. It has less than 100 jumps and only needs a new Cypress battery. He's asking $850 for it and everyone I've talked to has said that's a pretty sweet deal. I'm getting it fully checked out before I purchase, but wanted some feedback on what anyone thinks about it as a first rig.
I've been flying a student rig, 288 Manta. I know that the Tempest is also F-111, not zero-p. It's also a 7-cell, rather than a 9. Anyone out there have anything to share about the canopies' characteristics of flight? General opinions?
Thanks.
-C.

from the sounds of it, it would be a really good deal. even if you don't like the flight characteristics of the main, for 850 for a good container, reserve, and cypres, it's worth it (considering the container is in good shape).

you need to find out how much life time is left on the cypres. it may not be very long.

either way, it sounds pretty good, and for a first rig, it sounds really good.

just make sure that you are confortable landing a 170 reserve (if you had to use it). i mean, you've been jumping a 288, downsizing to a 200, and would if you have a cut-away, are you sure you can land a 170?? for me personally, it never made any sence to have a smaller reserve than a main, it is your last chance, at least it should be the same size, in my opinion.

later