goose491

ROKETEER SKYRAY!?

I've been thinking alot about the skyray (solid wing attachment). Being a pilot, I can see the appeal of this lovely wing, it's the perfect hybred between skydiving and flying a HP aircraft. I've been wondering what it would be like to add a propulsion systme wich would alow sustained flight... I realize this is a step away from the "skydiving" but c'mon! would it not be cool? They say this thing is about 3 times faster (horizontally) than the skyflyer! Anyway, check out the links... the second is a mini-jet project (this guy is pure genius!!!). He's manufacturing 100lbs thrust pulse jet's at 8lbs a piece! Some modifications would have to be made of course but I'm positive this Thread will lead to terrifick convo... so, Let's have it B|

http://www.skyray.de/
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Right on!
Did you check out the jets? This guy is selling the rights to manufacture a few models for US$12k because the orders were coming in faster than he could make them and he needs time to continue his "research"... This guy is a super-freaky-genius! Any of you machinists out there may want to look into this compay as these little rockets are a hot item!;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

How about model airplanes...there are quite a few miniature jet-engines for model aircraft today...maybe ne could fit a skyray with one or two of those..:)

Might not be enough for takeoff, but it probably would help in adding maybe 2 or 3 times the time you have in freefall with one of those things now :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

alban (skyray designer) and i have been collaborating for several months on designing a powered version.

40# of thrust is required for level flight and 60# for climbing.

mini turbines are the obvious choice but r/c versions are not suitable due to several issues, and suitable military pyro starting units are cost prohibitive.

i have chosen a 5hp, alcohol powered, variable pitch 6" ducted fan producing 15# thrust. four will be used.

ultimate goal is military applications, near goal is to generate capital for our respective companies through an english chanel crossing for the 100 year anniverasry of powered flight.

sincerely,

dan
atair
www.extremefly.com

:)
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)