mfoam

CF Teams looking for Competitors

In an effort to keep the US CF Teams competitive at the world level, Clean Air (the current US CF Teams) are reaching out to any skydivers who may be interested in progressive skills training in CF to potentially become part of the US CF Teams.

Goals:
1. To replace an existing 4-way sequential member after world competition in July 2010, and also to train an alternate, with the alternate jumping with the team on days that any of the other members cannot be available for that day.
2. To help train a 4-way sequential “B” Team to develop skills for world level competition.
3. To teach younger CF competitors in order to keep the US at a high level in world competitions for years to come.

Method:
1. We will interview, and then jump with eligible people at a central location.
2. One person out of the top five will be chosen to train with the sequential team for a few practice days in the months leading up to the 2010 world meet. Practice is typically one long weekend, occasionally two, per month.
3. The remaining four people will combine as the “B” Team and train with the US Team, who will act as coaches.
4. Any one of the four members of the “B” Team could be substituted into the US Team at any time if their skill level were to be above that of an existing member.

Requirements:
1. Must be eligible as a US competitor. Would prefer to find younger jumpers with a strong desire to be dedicated, learn, excel, and compete in Canopy Formation for a long term and be able to represent the US at the world level for many years to come.
2. Must be capable of landing a PD Storm 97 with an exit weight of 200lbs (not necessary immediately, but to be competitive at a world level it will be necessary in the near future).
3. Must be able to travel to train (Fridays through Sundays (Eastern US)) and compete during a two-week period annually for National and World Competitions.

Do you guys have any variance in that wing-loading? I mean not particularly for me, but I'd have to wear 45 lbs of lead to meet that wing-loading - and I'm bigger than a lot of the CRW females.

I think it pretty much rules out a heck of a lot of women out of even trying - not because they couldn't handle the wing-loading, but they couldn't handle wearing 50-60 lbs every jump. Not everyone can be Chris Gay :-)

Admittedly as I get older its less of an issue :-), but that was always a problem for me for years. The Lightning 113 certainly helped, but the fun of competition never won out over the complete and abject misery of wearing 40-50 of leads to match up with the guys.. Especially landing off!