StefB

I'm a brother now...

Last weekend was the cumulus convention 2006 at Skydive Hoexter with eleven other jumpers (11 total + 1 video).

Being there the week before doing CReW video for a 4way team, i was very happy to practice some real CReW in the scrambled 3way CReW competition.

Unfortunately we were short by one jumper and our team was Tom Brand and me only. But Tom wasn't afraid of the newbie and teached me how to do rotations.

In the sunset jump three of my team members from the week before invited my to do a 4way stack with rotations 1 (me!)/2 and 3/4 jumpers.

Actually this was the first part of the cumulus convention brother membership - jump in a 4way with at least 2 other CCBs. Other formations with current CCBs were formed to build 4way formations with the new CCBs Peter, Olaf (DZO) and Patric.

After the dinner (barbeque) the four teams of the competition were called and got presents from Remko.

Then the second part for the newbies. This was something difficult - the downunder-beer-drinking. I could manage to drink half a glass before the remaining beer shot out of the nose into my eyes and over my hair.... i am afraid that there are photos from this event somewhere.

The third and last part was the spin-and-run test. It might be the rest of beer in my ear or the organizers fumbled me, i think there were more then the usual 10 revolutions before they send me on the track... Howdiehowdiehoo with speed in a curve, fine PLF, stand up and then straight through the finish line...

The evening ended in a gathering at the fire place with some beer - a nice end of a long day. Next morning we meet at the breakfast and some decided to do 3way jumps on this wonderful sunday morning. I myself used the chance to make some photos (see attachment).

Stefan
CCB #217 !!!

Give me a hint Kevin, what are you referring to? I thought these camp fire gatherings were all very peaceful in Lake Wales...

Greetings,

Remko

--
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation.

Now I am really curious. You know I still feel a bit guilty for buying away Pat's 143 in front of your nose. And it's ripped to pieces now [:/] I had a close encounter with one of my german friends in empuria during a sunset beach jump. So after that cleared I had to pull the left toggle all the way down to half brakes just to fly straight. Took me a few minutes to figure out what caused it. The top part of the third cell was ripped from the nose to the middle. So I'm thinking I'm not landing this rag. But I'm hanging around 6 grand close to the beach over the water and I know if I cut away that cute 143 is going to drift right over the city of Empuria. Then I think if I cut away low enough it wouldn't be so bad and drop onto the beach. But to do this it would be kind of nice if I were like stable with both hands already on the handles and not spinning down in a spiral. So I fumble a bit until I manage to stow the left toggle back in half brakes. Imagine me hanging under that chute in a spiral with the brake line in my mouth trying to stow it. So now I'm hanging there, flying straight with the cut-away pillow in one hand and the D-ring in the other, getting ready for my first reserve ride, thinking about how low I should pull this thing off so the crowd on the beach will get a good show. And then suddenly I realize that the wind in my hair is a very soft comfortable slow breeze. I do some practice rear riser turns and flares and think maybe I can land this rag. So I did. Landed it into the sand and walked away to celebrate Jackson's 3000th jump.

Maybe I shouldn't PWI :D

Whow what a story!

Add: There are some more pictures from the Cumulus Convention 2006 in the photos section / personal galleries / StefB / Cumulus Convention 2006

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Personal_Galleries/StefB/Cumulus_Convention_2006

Our next "event" is our 4way training week 07/29-08/06 in Schweighofen/Germany. Perhaps some 2-way team wants to join us and do some practice for the DFV-Cup in september?

Stefan

Unfortunately one jumper of our team had bad luck with a downplane formation and harmed his arm. So he could not jump with us in our training camp and we did CF3 jumps only.

Some photos of our training camp jumps are on
http://www.stefb.de/fsvsaar/schw06/index.htm

In photo #76 you can see Gerd, one of 4 brave belly jumpers (Sunny, Jan, Steffen, Gerd) which we could talk into their first crew jumps ;-) Steffen is in photo #72 to #75

Next event is CF2 competition at the 3th DFV-Cup in Gransee/Berlin...

Enjoy
Stefan